Anyway,the tractor was a bit of a mess, but the hydrolift functions fine, and the hi-low now works after I tightened the pulley set screw. The original engine sounds great and doesn't burn oil, but it needs a governor spring and the carb fiddled with.The frame was cracked and repaired by the BGB and the steering needs a going over. It had a bracket under the engine I didn't recognize and also had rear wheel spacers that I didn't recognize. I did a search on the way home, and it turns out that the bracket is for a loader bucket and the spacers were to be used with the loader so that the tires clear the frame.
The tractor had a dual muffler stack that looked like one of the bird houses that the DEC puts up, HA! The top muffler was a nice condition Nelson muffler that I need for my B1. Luckily the Nelson was just slid in a pipe and braized. I heated it up and the muffler slid right out. I still have to clean it up a bit, but now the B1 will be complete. The mower shop called and they installed the valve guide and cut the valve seats in the B1 block. I'll be picking it up tomorrow so I can get the engine back together. I'll be doing a full resto on the 2012 at some point. I paid 400.00 for it only because of the options it came with, and I already have a bunch of parts to work with during the restoration. I will be replacing the repaired cracked frame with a nice one, also.
Edited by classic, March 25, 2015 - 07:22 PM.