#1 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted March 25, 2015 - 05:10 PM

Used the 70 I & Agri-Fab spreader to spread 175# of 12-12-12 on the yard this morning:  HPIM1567.JPG

I looked into buying a spreader, but didn't like the reviews I found.  Said something to the owner of the local mower shop & he went to the back room & pulled this one out.  The plastic spinner was twisted off the hub, so I welded up a new hub & bolted it to the spinner.  Tire are weather cracked badly, but they held air long enough the finish my spreading!

• Gtractor, Indy, Alc and 7 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,521 Thanks
  • 39,741 posts

Posted March 25, 2015 - 05:37 PM

Looks like it's getting moisture on it already!

#3 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,810 Thanks
  • 2,223 posts

Posted March 25, 2015 - 06:18 PM

glad you are getting gout there to do something, still boiling sap here and avoiding the mud !!!  be another month or so before I have to worry about that sort of thing.  I have to ask,  yellow john deere ?  why ?  I assume you did that on purpose and for what reason.

Pete

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted March 25, 2015 - 06:48 PM

glad you are getting gout there to do something, still boiling sap here and avoiding the mud !!!  be another month or so before I have to worry about that sort of thing.  I have to ask,  yellow john deere ?  why ?  I assume you did that on purpose and for what reason.

Pete

Just something different!  This was a modification project from the start, I found a 12-1/2 HP Briggs engine from a scrapped MTD "Yardman" & 1/2 of a JD 70 lawn tractor:  HPIM2271 (Custom).JPG

Made it to resemble my version of what a JD Industrial lawn tractor might look like.  The paint is JD " Old Construction Yellow".  I use it a lot for towing around the property, handy to get on & off!

• KennyP, boyscout862, petrj6 and 1 other said thanks

#5 Hydro guy OFFLINE  

Hydro guy
  • Member No: 63243
  • 174 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted March 25, 2015 - 06:49 PM

nice looking little 70 they are a neat machine.
  • grnspot110 said thank you

#6 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,810 Thanks
  • 2,223 posts

Posted March 25, 2015 - 07:47 PM

I like it !!!  You did what you wanted and that is the best part.  thank's

Pete

#7 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,123 Thanks
  • 3,208 posts

Posted March 25, 2015 - 08:41 PM

Looks better than new, nice work. Noel.

#8 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 04:43 PM

Decided it was time to get the F525  started up to see if it needs anything:  HPIM1603.JPG

Took some time to start for the first time of the season, so it could use a little battery charge.  Aired the tires, checked the oil & belts.  What better way to charge the battery than to mow a small patch!  Mowed the area at the east end of the house ----------- the front yard's pretty "clumpy" ( wonder why, with two 50# dogs in the family), I'll mow it.  ------------------- The strip along the drive needs cleaned up too.  --------------- some of the back yard grows pretty fast, so I just as well mow it too.  An hour later, the whole yard's freshly mowed & the F525's back in the shed!   :D

• KennyP said thank you

#9 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 11:11 AM

The last couple of days I've been adding to a drainage system in the back yard.  Before we bought the last part of our property, there was a new city sewer line installed behind us.  The pipe is set in gravel then filled with dirt, allowing water to filter downhill through the gravel.  Some time ago, a friendly crawdad decided to dig down to the gravel, letting the water come up & make a soggy spot in the yard.  I stuck a 1-1/2" schedule 40 PVC pipe into the crawdad hole & buried it to a plastic oil drain pan near the edge of the property:  HPIM1608.JPG  A while later, the water started coming up again, so I buried a 5-gallon bucket with holes drilled into it for a sump attached to the 1-1/2" pipe.  Last year, the water started seeping uphill near the center of the yard.  I used the JD 40 w/1-bottom plow to plow a furrow, then dug about a foot deep trench.  The seepage area got a 10' section of perforated 4" PVC pipe to 1-1/2" schedule draining 30 feet into the sump.  I filled the trench about halfway & packed it with the Gator yesterday.    HPIM1607.JPG  This morning, I finished back-filling & packed it with the JD 790.   HPIM1609.JPG  I'll spread some grass seed over it before this week's rain, may need to make some minor adjustments with the fill later!

• KennyP said thank you