The last couple of days I've been adding to a drainage system in the back yard. Before we bought the last part of our property, there was a new city sewer line installed behind us. The pipe is set in gravel then filled with dirt, allowing water to filter downhill through the gravel. Some time ago, a friendly crawdad decided to dig down to the gravel, letting the water come up & make a soggy spot in the yard. I stuck a 1-1/2" schedule 40 PVC pipe into the crawdad hole & buried it to a plastic oil drain pan near the edge of the property:
A while later, the water started coming up again, so I buried a 5-gallon bucket with holes drilled into it for a sump attached to the 1-1/2" pipe. Last year, the water started seeping uphill near the center of the yard. I used the JD 40 w/1-bottom plow to plow a furrow, then dug about a foot deep trench. The seepage area got a 10' section of perforated 4" PVC pipe to 1-1/2" schedule draining 30 feet into the sump. I filled the trench about halfway & packed it with the Gator yesterday.
This morning, I finished back-filling & packed it with the JD 790.
I'll spread some grass seed over it before this week's rain, may need to make some minor adjustments with the fill later!