7 replies to this topic

#1 JohnMC OFFLINE  

JohnMC
  • Member No: 65310
  • 23 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted March 25, 2015 - 03:23 PM

Hi there,

I have been looking for a decent GT to help with chores around the property.

After seeing tons of over-priced Non running GT's this is the first one to really spark my intrest.

http://buffalo.craig...4939995465.html

However I do not know to much about simplicity's so I could use any infomation you could spare!

Couple questions: How hard/How much are sleve hitch's to find for these? Is there any negitives about this Model Tractor?

I own a 36 inch Single stage simplicity snow blower how well can this tractor handle that size?

Also Would it be able to handle a 12 inch Plow?

And I'm excited cause If I can find a sleve hitch for it I would have the following attachments

12'' Brinly Plow, Brinly TT-100 tool bar, 36'' single stage snowblower, and a mower deck.

-John

Edited by JohnMC, March 25, 2015 - 04:01 PM.

• classic said thank you

#2 M.Cain OFFLINE  

M.Cain
  • Member No: 68107
  • 185 Thanks
  • 158 posts

Posted March 25, 2015 - 04:27 PM

I don't see any problems. On the sleeve hitch I have seen several around and allis is the same . I am thinking my b-210 isn't to far off from the 3210 and it handles the plow good.

Swayzee Show 001.jpg

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,545 posts

Posted March 25, 2015 - 04:40 PM

Excellant questions. I hope that I can give you some good answers. I have a 3310 that I bought last year for $200. It was running and included a 42" deck that needed work, a 42" plow that needed work, tire chains, and the electric lift. The 10 hp B&S cast iron engines of that era are real workers. The tractor should be able to handle any of those attachments well. You can download some of the manuals from our Manuals Section.

As far as that tractor is concerned, I would stear clear of it. There are too many things that I don't like about it. Check out ZippoVarga on what to look for  https://www.youtube....h?v=_2cwAUP0Gjw   .

On the subject of old Allis Chalmers and Simplicity tractors, I think that they have some of the best deals around. They are and were very popular, well built, parts are generally still available, and they are fun to operate. I feel that they are usually under valued around my area. Check out  www.simpletractors.com to learn more about them and the variety of attachments they had available. Good Luck, Rick

Take your time, don't let your excitement make you too eager. There will be plenty of tractors for sale soon. Be carefull of overpriced junk.

Edited by boyscout862, March 25, 2015 - 04:43 PM.

• classic said thank you

#4 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted March 25, 2015 - 05:06 PM

Is your heart set on a simplicity branded machine? If not there's also many tubeframes in the WNY area. Once this terrible weather breaks and people can get to their sheds you'll start seeing a bunch of machines listed in this area.

The Bolens Tubeframes are very versatile and many parts are interchangeable from model to model. They do take brinly sleeve hitches as well.

• classic and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#5 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted March 25, 2015 - 05:07 PM

Take boyscouts advice. That tractor looks pretty rough and for starters, the transaxle is soaked with oil. Always try to buy an old tractor in running condition, so you can give it a test run and listen and look for problems. If you are mechanically inclined and are prepared to invest time and money in fixing whatever the problems are, it will be up to you how far that you want to go. I've seen tractors that look great, but are very worn out. Some of the hideous looking ones can actually be in good shape mechanically. Zippo Vargos youtube videos are definitely a must watch if you are not familiar with Simplicity tractors. I bought a 67 Simplicity Landlord 2012 today that has it's share of issues, but it has the options I'm looking for, the seller came way down on the price, and I have plenty of spare parts to fix the issues that it has. Good luck on the hunt!
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#6 M.Cain OFFLINE  

M.Cain
  • Member No: 68107
  • 185 Thanks
  • 158 posts

Posted March 25, 2015 - 07:24 PM

Well for $175.00 if it were close I would own it they will part out for far more than what he is asking here.

#7 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 25, 2015 - 07:41 PM

The guys pretty much nailed this one IMO. I couldnt get more than $100 from that here, and only as parts. The variables are issue prone due to tranny linkage wear and as parts machines, they get the best $ if very clean...this one is not.
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#8 JohnMC OFFLINE  

JohnMC
  • Member No: 65310
  • 23 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted March 27, 2015 - 12:23 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I took everyones advice and passeed. Thanks for the help everyone!