All my cables came in and I made the first cut last night. Man this thing is like Freak the Mighty! Those wheel weights and tire chains really work (although my yard suffered a bit). That little mower deck cut beautiful. The deck itself was a little stiff with old age but WD fixed that right up. I definately put it through it's paces cutting thorugh a bunch of overgrown brush on the property and at one point sunk it down to the axel. Fortunately it's so light, I just jump of the back and lifted it up. My problem now is that I'm intermittenly running out of gas to the carbs. I originally thought there was something wrong with the carbs but then I noticed the gas was gone out of my fuel filter (i'm glad I bought a clear one). I tinkered with it for a while then all the sudden gas started flowing again so I drove it for about 10 minutes and it did it again. I'm going to clean out the gas tank and make sure grit isn't blocking the flow. I decided against a choke cable for now since I can easily reach the carb control on the engine from my seat.
My winter project will be tearing it all down and giving her a new paint job. Luckily this sight has all the info I need to color match. Thanks a bunch.
Thanks for all the help getting this thing started. I know I still haven't posted pics but I will eventually, I promise.