Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Not looking for sympathy, just .........

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,626 Thanks
  • 2,579 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 05:19 PM

need to vent a bit. Yup still sick around here. This crap that is going around is horrible. I've heard from a lot of friends that they have the same thing. Chest congestion, sinus problems, and a cough that just will not let you rest. Have been to the Dr, three time in the last month for the same thing. All three time got different medicine for it. Steroids, nasal dialaters, antibiotics, etc.. My son got a couple of bathroom vanity cabinets for the shop. They are in his truck and we just don't feel well enough to get them in the garage. Haven't had time to work on the sleeve hitch and such. Two more days for the steroids and about four more days for the antibiotics. I was digging in the cabinet next to the sink and I found a bottle of cough syrup from 2008 that has codine in it. I found it last night after I had gone to bed and was up with a coughing fit. I hadn't had 4 hours of sleep in 3 days. I took a big slug of it and went back to sleep around 12:30am. I didn't hear a thing or cough until I woke up at 10:00an this morning. I am saving the rest for tonight. Looks like I have enough for a day or so. Just sucks to have to be inside and not be able to do anything. Like I said, just venting and getting tired of TV and reruns. Hope you all are having a great weekend. I plan on hitting it hard next week as soon as I can get out more.

Roger

• Gtractor, MH81, Alc and 13 others have said thanks

#2 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 05:48 PM

Time for a bottle of WHisky and some hot toddys. It might not cure you but you wont care anymore.

• MH81, hamman, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,754 Thanks
  • 7,525 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 06:06 PM

Mine has hung around for 4 weeks. Coughing less each day.  I won't go to the doctor about it because that is where I got it in the first place. Stay warm and drink plenty. Good Luck, Rick

• Gtractor, hamman, tinbender7 and 1 other said thanks

#4 TomLGT195 ONLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,797 Thanks
  • 2,196 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 06:23 PM

Hope you get rid of it and start  feeling better.  Tom

• hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#5 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,448 Thanks
  • 1,601 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 06:45 PM

You getting my sympathy anyway...I caught 2 colds this past winter and I rarely ever catch one. I haven't called in sick to work in over 10 years, but I took a day off when it was -5 out and I couldn't stop coughing. It really makes doing anything outside a monumental task. Hope you feel better soon.

#6 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,234 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 06:46 PM

A guy at work his wife has the same problem.  The doctor told her there is nothing wrong and his wife is "making it up".  She has taken every drug and pill available.

#7 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 06:51 PM

Got the samething mine is a upper respiratory infection I've had it for almost 2 weeks I haven't been out in the garage much do to the fact of not getting much sleep at night so I know what you are going through and I hope it goes away soon for all of us

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,395 Thanks
  • 39,658 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 06:56 PM

Time for a bottle of WHisky and some hot toddys. It might not cure you but you wont care anymore.

I'm with Willie here. If the meds don't help, time for tried and true remedies! Good old hot toddy's do help.

• hamman, boyscout862 and UncleWillie have said thanks

#9 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,026 Thanks
  • 1,122 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 07:06 PM

Roger, hit it hard when you are able, but don't make yourself sicker. Lots of sick folks around here too with lengthy stuff like this. I have felt like I'm on the "edge" of coming down with something similar for a couple months too, but it never really sets in. As the weather improves my weird minor symptoms seem to be slowly decreasing.

Take care, DAC

#10 JBRamsey ONLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 971 Thanks
  • 586 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 07:22 PM

I picked it up in the middle of January. It took nearly three weeks to feel human again. Any physical effort left me in a sweat. The cough stuck around for at least six weeks. I got used to the cough and then one day realized I hadn't coughed all day. Keep drinking clear liquids. Rest every chance you get. It will eventually pass even though it seems like it won't.

#11 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 07:23 PM

It's everywhere this winter. Some people get hit really hard by this bug. I know of several who have had the same issues as you. It seems to eventually run it's course and no treatment seems to be of much use. The important thing is not to get a secondary infection like Pneumonia while you are fighting it. I had something similar about 10 years ago. It was 2 months before it was more or less gone. It just slowly got better. So, just hang in there and make sure you look after yourself until it's out of your system. 

#12 dthomp17 OFFLINE  

dthomp17

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2987
  • 494 Thanks
  • 411 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 08:08 PM

I know exactly how you feel.  I think I had the same symptoms right after Christmas and it took me a month to get over it.  I was wheezing so loud at night it was keeping me awake.  Went to the doctor twice and between two different steroids, inhalers, and cough syrup it finally cleared up.  Hang in there and you'll get over it with time.  

• hamman said thank you

#13 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,252 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 10:34 PM

I hear you. Ryan's had it for two months. The constant tickle is driving him nutty.
I've had the cough, but at least I can still work
God bless
N, y, Q, u, i, l
  • hamman said thank you

#14 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted March 23, 2015 - 03:31 AM

Had at x-mas break and lasted many weeks. Never went to DR.  Was going around in family at time. After some hard coughing, had a sore rib and it hurt Real Bad doing about any cough or sneeze while it hurt. It finally healed, work and garage didn't help it either.

• hamman said thank you

#15 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,782 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted March 23, 2015 - 04:20 AM

Sorry to hear you are down with the flu.

Hope you get to felling better soon. Just knowing it is Spring now should help!

• hamman said thank you