Posted May 31, 2015 - 06:05 PM

Looking good very good.   :thumbs:

#47 limebuzz ONLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 861 Thanks
  • 876 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 06:35 PM

Great job on your 12. Makes me kind of wish I had kept one of mine now. Looking forward to the end product.

#48 mac102004 OFFLINE  

mac102004

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1420
  • 225 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 08:21 PM

Looks good, but I think you placed the hood side stickers a little high? Could be wrong, just going from memory.

#49 esbbent ONLINE  

esbbent

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1183
  • 240 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 09:18 PM

Looks good, but I think you placed the hood side stickers a little high? Could be wrong, just going from memory.

They probably are, I was going from memory due to not wanting to walk up the hill in the back yard to take some measurements.

#50 adolphsson09 OFFLINE  

adolphsson09
  • Member No: 9844
  • 249 Thanks
  • 316 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 02:20 AM

Wow I am amazed you have done an excellent job so far!!!  I cant believe that is the same tractor that was siting in my back yard

#51 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,414 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 05:18 AM

I hope that green on the deck washes off real easy!

#52 esbbent ONLINE  

esbbent

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 240 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 05:34 AM

Wow I am amazed you have done an excellent job so far!!!  I cant believe that is the same tractor that was siting in my back yard

Same tractor, this one has been a lot more work than the 14.

I hope that green on the deck washes off real easy!

Me too, I have enough JD Green toys in the next room, don't want it covering up my red..

• KennyP said thank you

#53 esbbent ONLINE  

esbbent

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 240 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted June 07, 2015 - 04:57 PM

The deck is finally done. After taking everything off the deck and getting most of the major rust and scale off it looked like this  IMAG00118.jpg . I put KBS red on the underneath side of the deck

IMAG00121.jpg     (hubs were touched up MF red after being bolted on). The top side I applied kbs on the worst of it, mainly underneath the belt cover, and then painted it MF red. IMAG00120.jpg IMAG00119.jpg I had the gear box off cleaning it up is why it did not get painted. All new pulleys on the deck drives along with 2 new idler pulleys and a new belt. The blades once I sandblasted them look new with hardly any wear and no signs they have been sharpened. The front roller holes had some real bad wear on them, I drilled them out to 3/4" to get them somewhat round. I picked up some 3/4" by 5/8" brass bushings I will be using for a new roller that should be here middle of the week. I still need to clean up the rear roller and paint it black before bolting it back on.

While I was waiting on paint to dry on Friday I went to start the engine for the first time since I have bought the tractor. It turned over but wouldn't start and then a real loud backfire through the exhaust. I checked pin clearance and the spark was good. After thinking of what the issue may be of fuel or ignition issues. I remembered this engine had a broken rod and piston when I bought it and when that happened it probably sheared the flywheel key. I used my steering wheel puller and pulled off the flywheel.  12flywheelwithcolor.jpg       The red line is where the flywheel key way was located and the green is the key way on the crankshaft. I have 2 flywheel keys ordered and on their way here. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG00122.jpg

• MFDAC and Gabriel have said thanks