#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,670 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted March 21, 2015 - 11:17 PM

Hooked the brush up to the PK again and went out to try the stones in yard. Seemed to work OK at first, mostly on level ground. Was thinking maybe a little higher setting would be better. On areas that were uneven, had lots of trouble, having to move it up/down with hydro. You are supposed to float it, but that was binding too much. This thing has swiveling ball shape casters that at times will be hit by belt and be spun around and long ways from their support. Think I'm bending them in use?  Couple times I dragged it down hard, once killing engine even and it seemed to lock up. I got off and wiggled the brush back and forth, till it freed, then was OK again, till I bogged it down to hard again. Not sure now if I have a gearbox issue or what?  This didn't do that in the snow this winter. I did some areas, got bigger spots, then just put it away.  Have to check it out later. Kinda dissappointing. Not sure I like the attachment, or maybe I'm just using it all wrong?  I pulled the chains off before using it, and they weigh 40lbs a side, I'm not kidding!  Huge chains. The brush acted like I needed more weight in back in snow, maybe with chains off made that worse? Seemed like I could have used more weight in back today, even just for the grass combing.

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

#2 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 06:03 AM

Any pictures? I wasnt aware you had a broom but the ones I have had worked ideal but I did not have casters on my older units. The Simplicity design allows for the use of coumterweight, combined with the Sweepster spring load adjustmwnt for pressure, to aid in floating when using a hydraulic lift.

I would like to understand your setup.
  • Alc said thank you

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,670 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 12:12 PM

Yeah, had video on here using in snow some. Did good then. Maybe I can scan my manual and you can compare?  Looks like major job to remove the brushes, just to SEE the gear box. Can't even get oil level checked with stuff together! Maybe I need to cut an opening in top with little door to check that level.  Don't like modifying things from new, but think the messed up on that oil check idea big time.