Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

allis b212 12h with simplicity 0039 simplicity 36" tiller . ?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • Member No: 61353
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 11:31 AM

I put the tiller on . it fits, it lifts. it has a 96 inch belt but it goes on tight and wont disengage the tiller .no matter how I set the idler pulley . I can start it if I help by turning the drive pulley but that cant be good for anything :wallbanging:

Edited by alec, March 20, 2015 - 11:33 AM.

• hamman, CharlesDes and TenPn have said thanks

#2 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 11:47 AM

Do you have it routed the correct way around the tiller and mule drive? Do you have the belt guards on the tractor for it. here are acouple pics of mine mounted to out Homelite T-16 H.

DSCF6681.JPG

DSCF4157.JPG

There is a belt guard on the bottom also.

Hope this helps.

Roger

• Alc and alec have said thanks

#3 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 12:14 PM

Do you have it routed the correct way around the tiller and mule drive? Do you have the belt guards on the tractor for it. here are acouple pics of mine mounted to out Homelite T-16 H.

attachicon.gifDSCF6681.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF4157.JPG

There is a belt guard on the bottom also.

Hope this helps.

Roger

yes it is routed the same way . mine has the two pulleys together instead of the lower belt gaurd

• hamman said thank you

#4 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 12:41 PM

Ok, yours is different than mine. Not sure on that one . Sorry.                                                                                                                                Roger.

• alec said thank you

#5 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,060 Thanks
  • 2,175 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 12:42 PM

Does your tiller have the engagement handle and is it complete? The 1690039 tillers did not have it from the factory as they were designed for use on a cone clutch tractor. That can be adjusted to cure your issue.

Rogers idler set should have 2 pulleys also...a small one above the larger white one. The small one is hiding in the photo.

Edited by Talntedmrgreen, March 20, 2015 - 12:44 PM.

• Alc, hamman and alec have said thanks

#6 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 01:07 PM

Does your tiller have the engagement handle and is it complete? The 1690039 tillers did not have it from the factory as they were designed for use on a cone clutch tractor. That can be adjusted to cure your issue.

Rogers idler set should have 2 pulleys also...a small one above the larger white one. The small one is hiding in the photo.

not yet . I made a quiky bracket for testing .even when the clutch pulley is all the way down on the tiller it still turns . I have to roll the belt on the front pulley its so tight .rogers belt looks like it has some slack .mine does not . my pulleys are 5" on bevelgear ,4.5 " on the middle pulley and 4" on the clutch pulley

Edited by alec, March 20, 2015 - 01:08 PM.

#7 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,060 Thanks
  • 2,175 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 01:23 PM

Yeah somethins not right. 96" is correct and so is a 5" bgb pulley. Not sure on the clutch pulley size. My belt will fall off the bgb pulley when i disengage if I dont have a belt guide on.
  • Alc, hamman and alec have said thanks

#8 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 02:02 PM

Yeah somethins not right. 96" is correct and so is a 5" bgb pulley. Not sure on the clutch pulley size. My belt will fall off the bgb pulley when i disengage if I dont have a belt guide on.

thats what I figure should happen . maybe a longer belt ?? Its lookin like I am gonna be tillin my garden with my 3horse craftsman again haha

• hamman said thank you

#9 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,060 Thanks
  • 2,175 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 03:15 PM

You will get it right....and when you do it will have been worth it!
  • hamman and alec have said thanks

#10 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 04:34 PM

My belt is a 96" also. I've tried to find the pic of the mule drive for ya. I can't get to the mule drive cause there is still 3' of snow in front of the shed it's in.

new simplicity tiller 014.JPG

This tiller is a Simplicity that I changed the engagement hadle to from the Allis tiller. I took the lift bar from the Simplicity and put it on the Allis Chalmers for the Simplicity 7014 I gave my BIL.

tiller517 004.JPG

This is the engagement handle on the Allis , that I put on the Simplicty to use on the Homelite T - 16 H.

This is the mule drive for the tiller.

tiller517 008.JPG

Another picture of the Allis tiller lift rod.

Attached Thumbnails

• tiller517 011.JPG

• alec said thank you

#11 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,060 Thanks
  • 2,175 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 06:01 PM

This is the mule...Roger has the same one above.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150320_122758.jpg

• hamman and alec have said thanks

#12 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 07:05 PM

This is the mule...Roger has the same one above.

My belt is a 96" also. I've tried to find the pic of the mule drive for ya. I can't get to the mule drive cause there is still 3' of snow in front of the shed it's in.

attachicon.gifnew simplicity tiller 014.JPG

This tiller is a Simplicity that I changed the engagement hadle to from the Allis tiller. I took the lift bar from the Simplicity and put it on the Allis Chalmers for the Simplicity 7014 I gave my BIL.

attachicon.giftiller517 004.JPG

This is the engagement handle on the Allis , that I put on the Simplicty to use on the Homelite T - 16 H.

This is the mule drive for the tiller.

attachicon.giftiller517 008.JPG

Another picture of the Allis tiller lift rod.

yea thats the stuff !! ( minus the engagement handle ) I remeasured the belt and it seems to be 94.1/2  could an inch and a half make that much difference ?

• hamman said thank you

#13 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 08:17 PM

Take it to your local NAPA and have them measure it. If it's not worn to bad the size should be embossed or painted on the belt. I think your tractor has a mid PTO ?  I'm not sure of your tractor. Sorry.                                                                                                                                                                                  Roger

• alec said thank you

#14 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted March 21, 2015 - 01:36 AM

Take it to your local NAPA and have them measure it. If it's not worn to bad the size should be embossed or painted on the belt. I think your tractor has a mid PTO ?  I'm not sure of your tractor. Sorry.                                                                                                                                                                                  Roger

saw a simplicity on craigslist that looks like my B-212. the mule gear (or where it goes ) is the size of the tiller drive pulley and its got the guide pulley attached UNDER it . I wonder if its for another implement or a different type of mule ? I am going to look at it , maybe I will find out something . thanks for your time and effort .

• hamman said thank you

#15 mrmd OFFLINE  

mrmd
  • Member No: 62285
  • 207 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted March 21, 2015 - 05:20 AM

My 212 has a rod on the frame just behind the drive pulley. The belt must run upwards of this rod. If it goes around the rod it will not get the proper slack.
  • alec said thank you