My old Wizard push mower I got 10 yrs ago because someone was going to toss it finally started being difficult to start, idled and ran rough. I turned the idl mix screw every way from Sunday w/ no cure. I finally noticed if I lifted on the air filter housing it would change speed slightly. Took everything off and finally discovered the intake tube that runs to the opposite side of the block from the carb had the two screws that attach it to the block were loose. Removed the tube and the gasket between it and the block was all but gone. Got a new gasket and O-ring for the carb end and now it starts easy and purrs again. I was thinkin' it might be time for a new carb. 10 yrs and besides blades, air filters and oil, this is the first money I've had to put in it, a whole $4.13!! And they were going to send it to the dump.
Fixed carb mixture problem
1 reply to this topic