Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Attention Power King Owners Please Read!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 10:04 AM

I have a vast quantity of manuals to upload for you folks. I have been slowly sorting them to Tractors, Implements, & Brochures. What I need is help figuring out which Manuals will be of the most benefit to you folks right away, then load the others as time allows. These files were sent to me by member Username who in turn got them on a thumb drive from Larry Goss. If you would like a copy of the thumb drive, contact myself or NUTNDUN for Larry's contact info.

This is the list from the thumb drive:

List 1.JPG   

List 2.JPG

List 3.JPG

List 4.JPG

List 5.JPG

List 6.JPG

List 7.JPG

List 8.JPG

List 9.JPG

List 10.JPG

List 11.JPG

List 12.JPG

List 13.JPG

If you can give me some indication of what you would like uploaded during the first part of this, I will begin this task. There are a few files there we will not upload and the BIGGEST ones are in NUTNDUN's possession to upload.
There are over 350 files here and I hope to get them all uploaded before too long. But it will be a lengthy process to get screenshots for each and keep it all sorted to prevent multiple uploads.
Just post below the manuals you would like first and a pic # from the above so I can find them easily. Thank you!

I believe a very large THANK YOU goes to Larry Goss for collecting all this and assembling it on the thumb drive.

Also, there are a couple RED-E files in here. Are they a part of PK?

• Gtractor, grnspot110, Alc and 14 others have said thanks

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,753 Thanks
  • 8,922 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 10:07 AM

I just want to say Holy Carp, and a big thanks to Larry Goss, Username, and you too, Kenny. That's what makes this site stand out.
  • KennyP, Username, boyscout862 and 7 others have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 10:09 AM

I wish Ryan was available right now. He could be a big help with all this!

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 10:30 AM

"Also, there are a couple RED-E files in here. Are they a part of PK"?

Yes and no.The 1950 is a Page built RedE and the the 1959 is an EPCO (Engineering Products Company) built tractor.Someone else might confirm this.

• KennyP said thank you

#5 EconChuck OFFLINE  

EconChuck
  • Member No: 18979
  • 251 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 10:36 AM

The thumb drive from Larry has been incredibly useful to me and I would recommend the purchase to anyone interested in the Economy/Power King tractors.

That being said, I would recommend starting with the '60's and '70's tractor info and going from there.

Reason being that would probably be the years that a first time purchaser would be getting and interested in. just my opinion.

That's kind of how I started with a '67 and have several from a '47 and have owned up to a '95.

Good luck with this project.

Chuck

• Alc, KennyP, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#6 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 10:43 AM

It should also be noted that Larry Goss put together all this information and gave permission for it to be uploaded to this site.He has this information on a flash drive for sale and it will be posted on this site for sale at a later time.

One thing that I found that made it a little difficult searching was the the title descriptions.For example you will find 48 inch mower in one place and else where you will find 1972 inch rotary mower.It would be easier doing a search if everything mower related started out as mower and then had a subtitle.

• Alc, KennyP, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 10:44 AM

The thumb drive from Larry has been incredibly useful to me and I would recommend the purchase to anyone interested in the Economy/Power King tractors.

That being said, I would recommend starting with the '60's and '70's tractor info and going from there.

Reason being that would probably be the years that a first time purchaser would be getting and interested in. just my opinion.

That's kind of how I started with a '67 and have several from a '47 and have owned up to a '95.

Good luck with this project.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck!

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 10:46 AM

"Also, there are a couple RED-E files in here. Are they a part of PK"?

Yes and no.The 1950 is a Page built RedE and the the 1959 is an EPCO (Engineering Products Company) built tractor.Someone else might confirm this.

Both those files are more of a brochure with all equipment shown, so I will probably add them to the Brochure section.

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 10:48 AM

It should also be noted that Larry Goss put together all this information and gave permission for it to be uploaded to this site.He has this information on a flash drive for sale and it will be posted on this site for sale at a later time.

One thing that I found that made it a little difficult searching was the the title descriptions.For example you will find 48 inch mower in one place and else where you will find 1972 inch rotary mower.It would be easier doing a search if everything mower related started out as mower and then had a subtitle.

I will have to open each file for the screenshot, so I'll try to add a good description of what is in there!

• Alc, boyscout862 and Genem have said thanks

#10 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,753 Thanks
  • 8,922 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 11:40 AM

I will have to open each file for the screenshot, so I'll try to add a good description of what is in there!

That applies to all manuals, also. If anyone is ever digging through manuals trying to find the right one pertaining to a specific model, PM a mod and we can add a description to make it easier for others to find. Easy to use is what we're shooting for here.

#11 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 12:51 PM

Yep, I ordered one of Larry's thumb drives and its been an invaluable tool for me, as posted it takes a bit of looking to find stuff but I also look at this way I learned a lot more then if I'd just looked at what I was after :D

#12 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 02:14 PM

Wow! What a job to do this. I have the drive and some older discs Larry made in past.  There is too much info on there sometimes when you are searching, ha!  There is some items might not be needed, but not much. You won't need the Spanish American War as example, heee!  I never did figure out the search part either, but don't have latest series, so maybe that was added now? There is lots of Briggs and Kohler engine items too. You putting those on? or maybe diff files?  I'm now trying to get into the Plastic King late models and Snapper versions. That is on there also and hard to find elsewhere, but could probly be a later project, not as popular for sure. A section for the Service Bulletins may work, but again for a later download. You are gonna have sleepless nights and long days doing this project I bet. I know I would, anyway!  Such Commitment! :thumbs: :big_hug:

• Alc, superaben, Genem and 1 other said thanks

#13 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 03:22 PM

Wow! What a job to do this. I have the drive and some older discs Larry made in past.  There is too much info on there sometimes when you are searching, ha!  There is some items might not be needed, but not much. You won't need the Spanish American War as example, heee!  I never did figure out the search part either, but don't have latest series, so maybe that was added now? There is lots of Briggs and Kohler engine items too. You putting those on? or maybe diff files?  I'm now trying to get into the Plastic King late models and Snapper versions. That is on there also and hard to find elsewhere, but could probly be a later project, not as popular for sure. A section for the Service Bulletins may work, but again for a later download. You are gonna have sleepless nights and long days doing this project I bet. I know I would, anyway!  Such Commitment! :thumbs: :big_hug:

Kenny thought I was a really swell guy when I mailed him a free drive but I think he uses my name in vain when he talks about me now.

• olcowhand, KennyP, MNGB and 1 other said thanks

#14 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 03:28 PM

Kenny thought I was a really swell guy when I mailed him a free drive but I think he uses my name in vain when he talks about me now.

I wasn't expecting a FULL library!

• Username and MNGB have said thanks

#15 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 03:50 PM

I wasn't expecting a FULL library!

It's not full.Larry is still adding files!

• Alc, KennyP and tractorgarden have said thanks