• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bob0usa OFFLINE  

bob0usa
  • Member No: 68074
  • 20 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 09:41 AM

anybody know what "power king, special blend"  (98-4812) 1 pint  ,   is? now that it's all rebuild like new, I want to put in the right transmission oil!!!!

• Claudetew said thank you

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,737 Thanks
  • 8,912 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 10:16 AM

STP.
  • bob0usa said thank you

#3 bob0usa OFFLINE  

bob0usa
  • 20 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 10:39 AM

STP....  I thought that was just a additive

Is there any special weight?

#4 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,737 Thanks
  • 8,912 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 11:44 AM

STP.... I thought that was just a additive
Is there any special weight?

It is labeled as STP Oil Treatment. You can use 80/90, or mix the two 50/50.

It is close to 50 weight, has mineral oil in it, and lots of zinc.
  • Alc and bob0usa have said thanks

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 02:26 PM

In later years it was recommended to use STP so to slow down the gears when you push in clutch and not grind like they used to always do.  PK owner's on the forums say to use this way. Myself prefer a little 80/90 mixed in with it, a 50/50 mix as noted. The 3spd used to use 8oz., not sure on the 4 spd. Might say in owner's manuals?  Some had a dipstick on top that poked out at the tunnel cover, kind of a knob you unscrewed  and then the stick is folded once pulled out, and  you had to  unfold, push back in hole, check and make sure to fold again when you close up.  The long stick will hit a gear or two if you don't fold. Sometimes those sticks are broken where it folded, or early ones didn't have the stick and you had to measure from top of hole down a specific amount to get level. Seems it was like 2.5" from top, but you better check on that in manual. Not the handiest way to check for sure.

• bob0usa said thank you

#6 bob0usa OFFLINE  

bob0usa
  • 20 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 02:55 PM

In later years it was recommended to use STP so to slow down the gears when you push in clutch and not grind like they used to always do.  PK owner's on the forums say to use this way. Myself prefer a little 80/90 mixed in with it, a 50/50 mix as noted. The 3spd used to use 8oz., not sure on the 4 spd. Might say in owner's manuals?  Some had a dipstick on top that poked out at the tunnel cover, kind of a knob you unscrewed  and then the stick is folded once pulled out, and  you had to  unfold, push back in hole, check and make sure to fold again when you close up.  The long stick will hit a gear or two if you don't fold. Sometimes those sticks are broken where it folded, or early ones didn't have the stick and you had to measure from top of hole down a specific amount to get level. Seems it was like 2.5" from top, but you better check on that in manual. Not the handiest way to check for sure.

thanks ever so much,,, think i'll use the 50/50 mix,,  book said 1 pint.

#7 crittersf1 ONLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,168 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 03:47 PM

Which trans is this?

• bob0usa said thank you

#8 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 07:54 PM

It's called a T92, diff from the 92T in older ones, or is that backwards??  Anyway, is the 4spd used in PK's from 84up, and maybe in the smaller 1200 series since 92?  Smaller ones were first plastic body ones, came out before the bigger ones did that body in 85 and up. The new engines were turned 180* around and drove opposite direction, so the clutch was moved off t he engine and shaft driven from flywheel side to a clutch pak farther back and mounted to front of the new 4spds, which were direct mount to the trans-axles then, or with tiny coupler and cover anyway.  The gearing in rear was changed for the opposite rotation of the drive-line also.

I put an older engine/clutch in mine and had to "flip" the center section of the rear-end to make it drive correct. Turned it into my 2-seat Butt Buggy for shows. Also had to move steering from center to outside, just like older metal ones.

Attached Thumbnails

• Yellow Toys 2013 2013-10-02 001.jpg
  • Yellow Toys 2013 2013-10-02 002.jpg

• bob0usa said thank you