#16 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,026 Thanks
  • 1,123 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 08:06 PM

Yeah, crazy!  It looks like he's just wearing jeans instead of carhartts over the jeans like I have to do!

DAC

• JDBrian said thank you

#17 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 19, 2015 - 07:42 AM

Yeah, crazy!  It looks like he's just wearing jeans instead of carhartts over the jeans like I have to do!

DAC

Yeh! It wasn't cold, maybe 20F. I had trouble overheating as it was. The blower gave me a good workout. It was at least 16" deep all the way out to the road and in some spots it was above the top of the blower. At the top of the driveway they had plowed with a road grader. It was about 4ft. high and took a lot of back and forth with the blower to clear it. The road is maybe 10ft wide. They will probably have to wing it back, or if we're lucky get a big FEL to move the banks back. When they do that they keep most of it out of your driveway. I was supposed to work today but I'm putting it off until tomorrow. I'm going to put the chains on the tractor and if needed I will remove the blade and put the FEL back on. We have another storm headed our way for Saturday. It looks like a snow/rain mix. Hopefully mostly rain. 

• Alc, MFDAC, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#18 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted March 19, 2015 - 07:49 AM

Looks like doing the driveway and walk ways are the easy part, not sure I'd be wanting to have to be the one to shovel the roofs off. Wow thats a lot of snow that your getting. Even worse in PEI . 

• JDBrian, oldedeeres and propane1 have said thanks

#19 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 19, 2015 - 04:30 PM

It looks like that storm on Wednesday dumped over 50cm on us which is about 20". That's on top of 12" or so we got on Sunday. The city is a total mess. They have banned on street parking totally, and are hiring every truck they can find to haul snow out of the down town area. The province has offered to loan the city some of it's equipment and crews now that they have cleaned up the major roads. Anyone with a front end loader or Backhoe is working flat out right now. Pickups with plows just can't cut it with the banks as high as they are. 

We are supposed to get more snow/rain on Saturday. We'll see what happens. They are already forecasting more snow for next Wednesday. We are on the storm track and having colder than normal temps so there is no end in sight. 

• KennyP said thank you

#20 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted March 19, 2015 - 07:27 PM

Amazing. That's just way too much winter to be having this late in

the season. I feel for you. That's what our Jan. was like, before the lake affect snow stopped

once Georgian bay froze over. Hope it changes for you soon.

• JDBrian said thank you

#21 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 05:54 AM

Yeh, it's crazy. I went to the church last night to check on things and the lot had been plowed. Some of the entrances were shovelled and some not. We have volunteer custodians who rotate through a schedule. The day of the storm the custodian did a lot of shovelling but gave up when faced with a 5ft. high wall of snow 20 ft. long in front of one of the doors. I just put out a call for volunteers to finish up the work. I injured a ligament in my right wrist and shovelling has it swelling up and sore, so I can't help much. The loader is going on the tractor this morning so I can move back some snow banks. I may have to help widen the private road we live on. It's not wide enough for 2 cars to pass and the banks are 5-6ft high. 

• Alc and IamSherwood have said thanks

#22 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 06:06 AM

Heres a couple of shots of the road in front of our property. The second one is the view from the passenger side of our Mazda CX5 as we drive along.

DSCF0663.jpg

DSCF0665.jpg

• Bruce Dorsi and IamSherwood have said thanks

#23 richwoodrocket ONLINE  

richwoodrocket

16 year old JD lover

• Contributor
  • Member No: 57205
  • 147 Thanks
  • 177 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 10:39 AM

Wow that's a lot of snow for this late!! It's almost all melted here.
Ariens sure is the king of snow :)
  • JDBrian said thank you