Telephone surveys

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Kurtee OFFLINE  

• Member No: 7561
  • 452 Thanks
  • 410 posts

Posted March 17, 2015 - 07:53 PM

Just thought maybe I should share this. The phone rang, I look at caller ID, figure number is someone I really don't want to speak with but pick up anyway. Hello, reply says this is a survey call and where do you get your electric power from ? Named this coop and that coop. I said It comes from the power line to the house. OK what state are you in? I said euphoria. Is that Florida? Nope, euphoria and sometimes confusion. What state is that? Confusion------She hung up-----Now that I feel better I can call it a day.

• Bolens 1000, daytime dave, Gtractor and 14 others have said thanks

#2 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,137 Thanks
  • 2,268 posts

Posted March 17, 2015 - 08:01 PM

I love it!
  • tinbender7 said thank you

#3 Cat385B OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,290 Thanks
  • 8,663 posts

Posted March 17, 2015 - 08:02 PM

It seems they gave up easily? I like it when you can't waver them from their script, it's almost like having two different conversations going.

I pick up the phone and act like I just got through to 9-1-1 sometimes. My wife really dislikes when I do that, btw.

• MH81, tinbender7 and superaben have said thanks

#4 grattone ONLINE  

• Member No: 66237
  • 221 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted March 17, 2015 - 08:09 PM

The best way I have found to handle them is to ask them to wait just a minute, lay the phone down and go back about 10 min. later and hang up the phone.

• MH81, tinbender7 and Jack have said thanks

#5 grnspot110 ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,207 Thanks
  • 2,363 posts

Posted March 17, 2015 - 08:11 PM

I got a call from "credit card services" today, "there not a problem with your account", that's when I hung up.  I don't give them my time!

If it hadn't been an automated call, I should have ask; if there's not a problem, why do you keep bothering me?

Several years ago, a local car dealer used an automated telephone sale pitch that wouldn't quit until it ran the full pitch, it stopped after calling the fire & police emergency numbers & tying them up!

Edited by grnspot110, March 17, 2015 - 08:15 PM.

• Gtractor, MH81 and tinbender7 have said thanks

#6 Kurtee OFFLINE  

• Member No: 7561
  • 452 Thanks
  • 410 posts

Posted March 17, 2015 - 08:13 PM

Oh yea, my son suggested to answer this way.

I did what you said and now there is blood everywhere, what next?

• MH81, tinbender7, Cat385B and 1 other said thanks

#7 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,041 Thanks
  • 4,971 posts

Posted March 17, 2015 - 08:19 PM

I've seen some epic ones online. One of my favorite ones was answering the phone and being like thank god you called what do I do with the bodies there is blood every where!!
  • MH81, tinbender7, superaben and 2 others have said thanks

#8 cootertom OFFLINE  

• Member No: 59950
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 717 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 07:29 AM

If you answer the phone and hang up they get paid for that call. Caller id works great then block them out. I'll usually call them back and if no answer (usually called can not be completed) then to the blocked list they go.

#9 twostacks OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6470
  • 447 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 07:59 AM

Most times I ignore the calls if I don't recognize the number, but I do like to mess with them from time to time too and you guys just gave me a few more ideas. I don't mind picking up the phone and letting the person on the other end get paid. That's all they're trying to do is their job, but nobody said I can't have fun with them.

#10 Sawdust OFFLINE  

• Member No: 36549
  • 4,515 Thanks
  • 2,827 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 08:03 AM

If I don't recognize the number or person I usually just don't answer it. My son is good at pulling jokes on callers.

#11 tater195 OFFLINE  

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,252 Thanks
  • 891 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 08:55 AM

They usually start off with " hello this is so and so from such and such. How are you doing today". My wife takes that as an opportunity to tell them EVERYTHING that happened that day ( most of it made up bad stuff) and proceeds to  get madder by the minute. After about 5 minutes she says " AND WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT???" Thats when they hang up. She figures that the longer she keeps them tied up, the less calls they can make to pester other people.

Edited by tater195, March 18, 2015 - 08:55 AM.

• Sawdust said thank you

#12 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,118 Thanks
  • 5,668 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 09:19 AM

Telephones, another irritating invention.

• grnspot110 said thank you

#13 sodisr OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9153
  • 648 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 09:41 AM

What ever happened to the NO-CALL  list..???   I have the # and refresh it once in a while... But they still call.... I thought it was a LAW..

#14 MH81 ONLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,643 Thanks
  • 28,302 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 12:22 PM

What ever happened to the NO-CALL  list..???   I have the # and refresh it once in a while... But they still call.... I thought it was a LAW..

It is, and if you want to spend the time researching where the call center is, you can get them in trouble / fined. No cash will be coming your way, but the call center company will be poorer.

I think they should have to pay every person called on the Do Not Call list. Would really raise the stakes.
  • Sawdust said thank you

#15 diesel nut OFFLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 460 Thanks
  • 306 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 12:31 PM

As far as I know the no call list is for them trying to sell you something.  Most of the calls now are just them offering services that you might be interested in.  That gets them around the do not call  :wallbanging: