Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

You all can blame me

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 08:08 PM

If winter comes back and we start getting snow again, I guess you can blame me.  I actually had some time to tinker today so I took the blade and chains off the tractor and but the FEL back on.  After I did that, I used the FEL to get the weights out of the back of the truck.  Then I swept out the garage and got all the winter crap out before I moved the tractor and truck back in.  After over a week of 40's and 50's with no end in sight, I am calling it the official end of winter.  Enter that "tween" time where you clean up all the winter dirt and begin to get things ready for spring planting.  This is typically the time where I split firewood for not next winter but the winter after so it has two years to dry under roof.  I'll be starting that before the end of the month.  Maybe this year I'll actually get it done before it's time to plow the garden.  It would be nice not to "have to" chase firewood all summer and split all fall for a change.

• MH81, hamman, tinbender7 and 3 others have said thanks

#2 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,065 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 08:10 PM

I took the snow plow off the 4 wheeler today....

I'm just as much at fault
  • hamman, tinbender7, panzersarebest and 1 other said thanks

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 08:11 PM

I talked about the snow being gone for the year... My fault too.
  • hamman, tinbender7 and Coventry Plumber have said thanks

#4 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 08:14 PM

It's snowing.

• hamman, KennyP, tinbender7 and 3 others have said thanks

#5 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,805 Thanks
  • 2,216 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 08:16 PM

I just brought in the first gallon of syrup from the evaporator so spring is here !!!  hell or high water spring is here !!

• hamman, KennyP, tinbender7 and 2 others have said thanks

#6 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 08:18 PM

I need a week of cold stuff to finish off 10 bags of pellets for the stove. I had 6 let over last year and they drew moisture and got ruined. I put them out where my wife had a little garden last year. She decided not to do one this year  :wallbanging:

• hamman, tinbender7 and Coventry Plumber have said thanks

#7 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,601 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 08:20 PM

Mom always said the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

• MH81, tinbender7, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#8 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 08:22 PM

I got out to the garage today to start the sleeve hitch on the Homelite. First time it's been warm enough since November.   Maybe I helped. Snowed about a 1/4" here today.  Supposed to be warm tomorrow.                                                                                                                                                              Roger

• Coventry Plumber said thank you

#9 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,102 Thanks
  • 3,196 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 08:26 PM

That's why I am getting a blizzard tomorrow. Thanks, Noel.
  • MH81, KennyP, Bill 76 and 1 other said thanks

#10 Bill 76 ONLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,639 Thanks
  • 1,054 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 08:36 PM

It's only the middle of march---We will get blasted with a heavy storm--Don't put your boots away yet.

• Coventry Plumber and Jazz have said thanks

#11 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 09:15 PM

Do you guys really have months worth of dog poop to clean up after the snow melts?

• hamman, IamSherwood, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#12 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 09:46 PM

Well, I hauled some tractors back home from my mom's.  She didn't want them cluttering up around the house so she moved them out to the edge of her alfalfa field and put them under a big Russian Olive tree... they looked so sad out there--all alone and neglected, I had to bring them home.  Thank goodness I thought to bring my little cheap HF winch... I couldn't air up some of the tires, and I didn't have any helpers...

IMG_20150313_165340_953.jpg

So, I got the Cub Cadet 102

IMG_20150313_165327_711.jpg

And the Snapper LT13/16 (B&S 16hp repower)

IMG_20150313_171659_172.jpg IMG_20150313_184551_536.jpg

And.... 3 snow plows, 1 mower deck, 1 snowblower, 1 cultivator... and a partridge in a pear tree...

IMG_20150313_171408_352.jpg IMG_20150313_184609_901.jpg

Tractor Supply Company just opened a store about 5 miles from Mom's (another one is opening about 12 miles from my house--yay!!), and the tractors just begged me to take them there... so we stopped, and I bought them all some new hitch pins... :dancingbanana:

IMG_20150313_185546_690.jpg

So, to make a long story a little shorter... the wife and I spend today rearranging the storage spot and put the implements in it...  The tractors are going to get some work... new clutch for the Cub, new engine for the Snapper, etc. they they'll probably be sold as I'm over my 6 tractor limit as it is.

The neighbors all around me were trimming trees, mowing lawns, cutting hedges, planting flowers, etc... if that doesn't bring us another snow storm... nothing will...

Smitty

• KennyP said thank you

#13 ol' stonebreaker ONLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,304 Thanks
  • 973 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 10:22 PM

Like smitty, we haven't had enough snow this winter. I too took the plow off the wheeler yesterday, but the snowblower is still ready in the garage.
We got out and raked up all the fir cones and leaves from the flower beds then cut all the dead growth off the flowers. I ran them thru the chipper and will put them in the trash as I don't want all different flowers coming up in the veggie garden. I still have about a yard of chips left from what the tree pruning truck dumped 2 yrs ago. They're awfully coarse so I run them thru my 5HP chipper to make them finer for mulch.
Linda started tomato, broccoli and onion seeds today in the house. In a few weeks we'll plant the broccoli and onions in the garden. The tomatoe's will go in the greenhouse a little later Living at high altitude our planting dates are a lot later than everybody else's.
Mike
  • KennyP said thank you

#14 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 10:51 PM

I'm about ready to plant some spuds... a local nursery has seed potatoes--we accidentally ate up all of our from last year!!

We've tried to start plants in the house, but don't have a window that gets a lot of sun--the biggest one is in our kitchen, but the carport is over the top of it so it only sees a couple hours of direct sunlight in a day at most.

I wish I could find something to stop deer from eating our garden... Last year they ate and trampled 2/3ds of what we planted--tomatoes, squash, melons, peppers... the city finally said we could use a bow and arrow on them when hunting season came around, but by then the damage had been done... darn things... I look at Bambi in a whole new light nowadays...

Smitty

• KennyP said thank you

#15 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,834 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 11:54 PM

I went ice fishing today, had to use the extension on the auger. Almost four feet of ice, practically no snow left by five o'clock, and four inches of melt water on top of the ice. Seems you're right, spring might be here. Oh yeah, caught six perch and a seven lb. seven oz. Jack (Northern Pike) Sorry, no pics.
  • IamSherwood, KennyP, toomanytoys84 and 1 other said thanks