Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 10:09 PM

This cake has a history. I have always loved Blackberry cobblers. A few years after Terry & I were married, she decided to surprise me with a homemade blackberry cobbler. Well, she messed up and made a cake mix instead of a cobbler mix. That was the most delicious cake I ever ate. But I screwed up and teased her too much about it and she would never do it again. I decided it was time for another one of these and bought a yellow cake mix and some blackberry pie filling to give this a try. I have used the pie filling before and made cobblers with it, so I new it was good stuff. Today was the day.

Here's the fixin's:

attachicon.gif2015-03-14 13.38.10.jpg

I mixed the cake batter as directed and poured about half in the pan. Spooned in some blackberry filling, then poured in the rest of the cake batter. I used about half of the filling!

Here's what came out of the oven:

attachicon.gif2015-03-14 13.38.37.jpg

I'll see if I can get a pic after it's cut!

Well, Kenny, it's a good thing you live more than a couple hours away from me, or I would have come by and helped you finish off the main course AND dessert... ice cream or not!!

Smitty

• KennyP and tinbender7 have said thanks

#17 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 10:31 PM

It sure looks like you had a fine meal for dinner Kenny.  That cake looks great.

• KennyP and tinbender7 have said thanks

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted March 15, 2015 - 05:19 AM

MAN ! That looks good. To bad it was snowing here and I couldn't get the chopper out to fly out there. Oh well, maybe next time.  Enjoy.                            Roger

I forgot about the chopper pad at the bottom of the hill, Roger! It's the Rural Fire Dept.'s Life Flight pad!

• hamman said thank you