Garden Tractor Forums banner

Saxton Garden Center old Bolens Dealer auction

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Kfs35 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
First off I like to say how well this was run and how friendly the auctioneers were to everyone. Been a long time sense I been to a auction that the auctioneer was good hearted and joked around not trying to play every one to get ever dollar they could. It helped it go very smooth and fast. I really liked how when the auctioneers traded off so one could take a brake that the one taking the brake talked to people not bidding and was very friendly. The best part they remembered your name when you were bidding not just your number. Braun and Helmer Auction Service Inc did a great job in my book.

I was lucky to talk to the owner of Saxton Garden Center he was a very nice guy to talk to and had some great storys about growing up around GTs in his dads shop. They were a Bolens dealer sense the late 40s they sold about everything bolens made from Ridemaster, Ride A Matics, Tube frame and large frames and more. He asked and I gave him my info because he said that he may make a trip up my way with his motorcycle to look at all my bolens stuff some day. Saxton is still in business but is no longer run by him I think it was taken over by his son the way he talked.

I got two of the 3 bolens signs that was there I let another guy have the other because I already had one.

I also got the Ride A Matic it is a 1956 and the engine is the right engine for it I can see Bolens paint under the blue. Plus part is it is all there!

I also got all the NOS bolens parts that was left. There was really not to many good things left most was sold off years befor. As you can see there was not really much in the plastic tote and there is some odd ball stuff in the mix. There is a couple good things in there but not much.

I also got the two clocks for cheep.

In all, I got everything bolens that was left but one sign. The rest of the engine stuff that was there was mostly odd stuff and I did not see any real gold in it that I can use. None of the engine stuff came home with me and it went for not very much because there was nothing real good left.

Dad and I had a good time it was well worth the trip.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Asphalt
Sky Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tree Vehicle

Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part Crankset Circle
Auto part Gas Machine Circle Rim

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk Bumper
View attachment 146225

Gauge Wood Measuring instrument Clock Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like it was a great day!

Its great you were able to talk to the owners and get some history on the Bolens they once sold.

I would say the highlight of your purchase would be the signs and Ride-a-Matic. Lucky guy to get a 56' with original Schanake recoil!!!

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
How much did the Simplicity clock go for?
You know what I was busy looking around and did not see what it went for 100% sorry! But I think I heard some one say it went for couple hundred to someone or maybe that was something else I don't really know. I know the other one that was not a clock went for $75.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.