• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 MrMarty51 OFFLINE  

MrMarty51
  • Member No: 62893
  • 141 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 01:00 AM

It jumped into the back of Mine pigup, I did`n realize it wuz there until I got back home, all the way from Marquette Nebraska to Miles City, Mt.

My 2nd cousins son was killed in a one vehicle wreck, somewheres between Omaha and Central City Nebraska. My 2nd cousin is cleaning house, getting rid of everything, going to have an auction sale, sell the property too, buying an overhead camper and, He is going to live out of that, traveling around, living here and there, with friends and relatives all over the U.S.A.

He had/has this in His will, to go to Me. He asked if I could bring it to M.C; I asked Him if He wanted it looking like it was fresh off the showroom floor. He told Me that He did`nt want it back, that it is Mine.

I wish it were under better circumstances but, when I get finished with it,I am going to try and have it looking like it came off the show room floor, just for Him.

My 2nd cousins Dad had bought this tractor, with the mower deck and a plow, He did do some tilling and mowing with this machine, He got old and then, He made a stick with a spike in the end of it, for picking aluminum cans out of the ditch and so, He would drive this tractor down the borrow ditches, sticking and picking cans, until he got to old to do that, When He died, about four years ago, My 2nd cousin bought this from out of the estate, The plow seemed to have mysteriously dissapeared, We loaded the tractor into the back of Mine pigup and hauled it from Lindsay Oklahoma to Marquette nebraska. I worked the carb. over for Marlin and got it fired and running, quite well and, Marlin used it to pull His log splitter around the yard and different residences in Marquette until enough rust had busted loose, on the inside of the fuel tank to plug the carb. again. I will remove the rust from the tank, tune the little beast and get it fired and running again then, start the dismantle and paint procedures too.

The shifter index/cover is of a fiberglass type of material, I would like to find one made of steel to replace that fiber~glass one. The hood also seems to be made of a fiber~glass material and, I would like to replace that too, with one made of steel, if these items were, at one time made of steel and if they would fit onto thei machine.

Please direct me on this matter.

Thank You

Martin

The Tractor

IMG_0346.jpg

The other side

IMG_0347.jpg

The mower deck

IMG_0348.jpg

• Alc, tinbender7, Traill95 and 4 others have said thanks

#2 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,448 Thanks
  • 3,998 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 01:23 AM

congrats!

• tinbender7 and MrMarty51 have said thanks

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 04:15 AM

Cool tractor!

#4 petrj6 OFFLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,810 Thanks
  • 2,223 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 04:36 AM

sweet tractor !!  keep us posted on your progress.

#5 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,912 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 05:12 AM

Very cool that might be a '65/67 I'm sure one of the JD guy's can clear that up for sure. If it is I would not change a single thing.

Edited by HANKG, March 12, 2015 - 05:18 AM.

• johndeereelfman, tinbender7 and MrMarty51 have said thanks

#6 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 07:14 AM

I'm not up on those older JD's but you probably should leave everything stock if you are going to the work of a full frame up restoration. It sounds like that tractor has a long history in your family and to get it looking new again would be a very nice project for you. I'm sure some of the experts will be along soon to take a close look at what you have and answer your questions on the hood etc. 

• johndeereelfman, tinbender7 and MrMarty51 have said thanks

#7 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 07:59 AM

Congrats on the round fender sorry about the situation on how you acquired it

#8 M.Cain OFFLINE  

M.Cain
  • Member No: 68107
  • 185 Thanks
  • 158 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 10:25 AM

It looks to be a 1965

I could tell what year it is  what is the serial #? Its located below the steering wheel I would keep it original . I have a good hood and know where there is two more forsale .If interested PM me and I can send you the contact info .

Mitchell

Here is my 1965 110

1965 110 Done 003_renamed_17726.jpg

Edited by M.Cain, March 12, 2015 - 10:30 AM.

• oldedeeres and MrMarty51 have said thanks

#9 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 11:43 AM

You have a 1966 110, as I see the serial plate is mounted down farther than that of a 1965. The hoods are not available in metal, so if that is the way that you want to go, than you'll have to fabricate it yourself, or pay someone else to make it for you. There is a guy who is fabricating the shifter quadrant in metal, but I don't have any of his contact information. Maybe M.Cain above can help you out on that. 

Looks like you're missing the PTO guard? If so, keep an eye out on ebay as they come up quite frequently for sale. Be prepared to spend some money for one. When doing a search for one, be sure to get the right one, as there were three different types produced. You want the one that has a dimple in the guard, and that has a narrower belt opening then that used on a 112 with a wider opening, due to running two belts to the PTO unit assembly. 

Good Luck to you! 

Edited by johndeereelfman, March 12, 2015 - 11:44 AM.

• oldedeeres and MrMarty51 have said thanks

#10 M.Cain OFFLINE  

M.Cain
  • 185 Thanks
  • 158 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 12:22 PM

Elfin
I don't think so 65 and 66 tags were in the same location and both had the bolted on foot boards 67 they were welded so that is out. I think your seeing a shadow in the picture . If we knew the serial # we would know for sure . I am still thinking with those narrow rims 1965 but again I have been wrong before.

Edited by M.Cain, March 12, 2015 - 12:29 PM.

• MrMarty51 said thank you

#11 M.Cain OFFLINE  

M.Cain
  • 185 Thanks
  • 158 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 12:40 PM

As far as shifter cover go to WFM site Jason Jennings member jgj5150 he made one for his that's the only info I can get.
  • johndeereelfman and MrMarty51 have said thanks

#12 MrMarty51 OFFLINE  

MrMarty51
  • 141 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 05:50 PM

Thank all of You for the kind words and replies.

I did get the S/N from the tractor.

SNT1021049140M

There also is a decal/sticker on the face, below the serial number.

Moody Implement

Auburn Nebraska

I checked and all I could find was a "Stutheit Implement", I was going to see if Moody was still in business.

There too, was a couple of other components, the idler/tensioner for the PTO and this yellow cover that, I know not where it goes. I imagine it would fit to the mower deck, which I will need to figure out, as I go along.

pto.jpg

Right now, I have a 91 K1500 pigup all in pieces in the garage, engine out, hanging on the stand and all dismantled. Parts for the engine is going to have to wait, for some money. LOL

It will be later into the summer before I can get the tractor into the garage and, get to going on it.

I have done "SOME" work with fiberglass, but, the hood is sort of cracked and spider~webbed where it bends down, over the front. I will try and get it all duplicated back in with fiberglass, I do not like "BONDO" and, if any is used, it will be a very light coat, bondo just does not stand up well to vibration, in My opinion.

Also, there is a thin and narrow strap, to the front top side of the hood, I do not know if that is original equipment, I do`nt think so.

hood.jpg

I very much do appreciate all of the information and, whoom may have available parts.

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#13 M.Cain OFFLINE  

M.Cain
  • 185 Thanks
  • 158 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 07:50 PM

Will I was wrong it is a mid year 1966 110. If you need any pictures just let me know.

Mitchell
  • johndeereelfman and MrMarty51 have said thanks

#14 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 08:22 PM

Marty,

The yellow plate that you have pictured hangs on the front of the tractor frame, and is used for mounting the mower deck. As for the thin metal strip across the top of the hood, you are correct. It is not original, and was most likely used for strengthening the hood where it was broke or cracked. 

• MrMarty51 said thank you

#15 MrMarty51 OFFLINE  

MrMarty51
  • 141 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 10:22 PM

Again, a very big thank You.