Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

100+ garden tractors, parts and attachments (bedford pa)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 06:37 PM

Is his name Ethan?

Yeah its him

Just to let everyone know there have been some deals gone sour with this seller for years now..... Just pointing this out to anyone planning on buying something from him.

• Texas Deere and Horse, Lauber1, backwoods and 1 other said thanks

#17 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,179 Thanks
  • 5,205 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 06:56 PM

Yeah its him

Just to let everyone know there have been some deals gone sour with this seller for years now..... Just pointing this out to anyone planning on buying something from him.

He got banned over on MTF there was a very long thread about things he has done but I cant find it.  

• Bolens 1000 and Lauber1 have said thanks

#18 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 564 Thanks
  • 626 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 08:28 PM

I would love to have just the tracks and such off the gravley crawler

You could go on lie looking for rubber tracks for skid-steer or mini excavator. 2k sound a little steep for such a flimsy set up. A couple of years ago I was talking with a firm in China that would build a undercarriage to my specs including drive motors that my case hydraulics would work with for a little over $2500. Just couldn't get the logistics worked out on getting sea-container load weighing in at just under 800lbs it would take few for a load. Sea rates are far cheaper then over land it'd probably cost as much as the unit to get it shipped from coast to me.    

#19 Oo-v-oO OFFLINE  

Oo-v-oO

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5162
  • 340 Thanks
  • 448 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 09:42 PM

That's not a Sears.  It's a Bolens, and that's a front mounted reel mower.

Oh, yeah. I see it now.   :brain_fart:  I blame the cruddy pictures.

Looked almost like a Sears flail mower but I was thinking it was way too small to be one. 

Duh...

#20 Oo-v-oO OFFLINE  

Oo-v-oO

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5162
  • 340 Thanks
  • 448 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 09:49 PM

FYI:

https://www.facebook...en/360491784108

BTW... second post down, that's what I was thinking of. 

Yes, I recall the deals gone wrong on MTF. I think the threads are gone now. Caveat Emptor. 

#21 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,469 Thanks
  • 5,005 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 09:55 PM

I think he took those pictures with a potato. That had cataracts. 

If he hasn't been honest with people it's probably all he can afford.

• EricFromPa said thank you

#22 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,478 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 08:47 AM

He got banned over on MTF there was a very long thread about things he has done but I cant find it.  

He did not get banned from the site, he actually recently posted a thread about putting sears loader on a Gravely. 

He ripped me off on a deal and my bad deal was the final straw with the admins of MTF and he got banned from selling parts as the way he did it violated their forum rules. 

I can explain in a PM if needed, but will not say anymore on this thread.

I hope that's not him, but if it is......buyer beware, he speaks with a split tongue.

Edited by TAHOE, March 12, 2015 - 08:51 AM.

• wilberj and backwoods have said thanks

#23 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,433 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 08:57 AM

i was just hunting cr when i found the ad the location seamed familiar with another listing that i saw in that area about a year ago his prices were way to high for my liking.

#24 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 09:14 AM

You can always tell its him by the quality photos he takes

http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2562

• olcowhand said thank you

#25 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,479 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 10:28 AM

He's something of an odd duck.

I actually managed to buy a Bolens 1250 with a Haban Sickle-Mo mounted on it from him at a fairly decent price.  If I remember right I got it for right at $1,200.00.

He wanted to keep the battery, which was OK by me as I didn't like the looks of the one that was in it, and it needed to be jump started anyway.

So, I didn't get a  battery, but on the plus side it had a set of almost new Carlisle Trac Chief tires on it.

Someone here had looked at it and one of the things that he said was that it wasn't charging. I noticed that when we were loading it on the trailer, but after I got home with it and put in a new battery, it started charging just fine.  I'm guessing that the battery that I didn't get was junk any way so it really wasn't a loss that I didn't get it :D :D :D

I see that he still has pics of it on his face book page.  In that pic it has a 3-PT hitch, and turf tires with weights and chains on it.  That odd little cup holder/pencil/change carrier that some one put on the dash is a dead giveaway  :D :D :D

https://www.facebook...?type=1

Here's what it looked like when I was bringing it home, and also a pic of the ammeter with it running and a new battery in it.

100_4596.jpg 100_4597.jpg 100_4598.jpg 100_4599.jpg
100_4601.JPG 100_4602.JPG

You can get a decent deal from him, but it ain't easy, and I wouldn't deal with him unless it was face to face.

• icecream4070 said thank you

#26 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 11:05 AM

I'm well aware of the issues a lot of people have had with the guy but on positive note, I met him last August to pick up part of a GE sleeve hitch another member had purchased from him. That transaction went fairly smoothly and he even met me right off the turnpike. It was looking a little dicey at first as he wasn't answering my calls on the way there but he called back just as I was debating whether to exit the highway or not. As OB said, I'd want to see the item I was buying and I'd want to do it face to face.

#27 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,179 Thanks
  • 5,205 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 04:13 PM

He did not get banned from the site, he actually recently posted a thread about putting sears loader on a Gravely. 

He ripped me off on a deal and my bad deal was the final straw with the admins of MTF and he got banned from selling parts as the way he did it violated their forum rules. 

I can explain in a PM if needed, but will not say anymore on this thread.

I hope that's not him, but if it is......buyer beware, he speaks with a split tongue.

Sorry my mistake I heard he was banned in some way.  I remember the post you made before admin closed the thread.   

• TAHOE said thank you

#28 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,478 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted March 13, 2015 - 09:18 AM

I think he deals okay in person from what I heard as he really can't lie to people face to face and screw them over if they are on their game.....when he ships parts, that a whole other deal.

• Bolens 1000 said thank you