• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bh115577 OFFLINE  

bh115577
  • Member No: 9791
  • 434 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 08:37 AM

Picked up a new tool to help dragging dead equipment in and out of the shop.... and proceeded to break it before I even got it off the trailer. Ran it for 15 minutes at the dealer with no issues or leaks. Put it on the trailer and drove home and when I went to take the straps off found hydro oil all over the mower deck and trailer deck. Pin hole leak in one of the steering lines. A call to the dealer, to let him know, and off to Napa to get a hose made. Back in business and I know a few things about the machine already.

Ran it a few hours moving some snow piles away from the house and shop and very happy with the machine.

20150121_151341.jpg

20150307_100907.jpg

20150307_153126.jpg

20150307_173922.jpg

• Alc, jms180, Cvans and 2 others have said thanks

#2 jms180 OFFLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 913 Thanks
  • 1,204 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 09:27 AM

very nice new toy

• bh115577 said thank you

#3 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 09:55 AM

Yup, that'll be great!  Nice small size to get in and out of the shop, and tight places, but brawny enough to do some heavy lifting.

#4 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,469 Thanks
  • 5,005 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 09:59 AM

Very nice looking tractor  :thumbs:

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 10:18 AM

Congratulations! I like the styling of those older BX tractors better than the modern ones with the rounded hood. I don't think there have been any big changes in the design over the years other than engine HP. Up here they claim the BX is the best selling tractor in their lineup.

• Alc and bh115577 have said thanks

#6 3v0 OFFLINE  

3v0
  • Member No: 26648
  • 79 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 11:18 AM

I have a BX2200 of similar vintage that I picked up about 3 years ago with just under 1000 hours on the clock.  My hydraulic controls come off with the loader.  

Check the air cleaner to make sure it is working.  The mount breaks and people fix em as best they can.  Not always good.

I have been replacing the hoses on my LA211 one at a time since.  Maybe the smart thing to do it just change them all.

Unless the dealer did it change the hydraulic fluid.   You can't trust what you see at the dip stick.  If you think it is good drain some out of the bottom to have a look.The $80 or so it costs for the correct fluid is worth the money.  Maybe change out the fluid in the front axle.  I put 80/90 in mine.  

I added a pariana tool bar to the bucket.   It helps with digging and lets the bucket hold a bit more.  Also makes it longer so I more easily haul stuff like the large feed tubs we use for planters.  Very pleased with it.  I take it off to move snow because it digs in too easy.

The front tires are not the best and take an act of god to get them onto the rims.  If you ever need new ones but new tires and rim combo from kubota, the newer version has larger rims with the same overall wheel diameter.

The hydrostatic cooling fan can get busted, some people have added sheilds/armour/skid plates to protect it.

Enjoy

Edited by 3v0, March 11, 2015 - 11:19 AM.

#7 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 11:32 AM

Nice Kubota. One thing I've found is that I always seem to find more and more stuff to use it for. Not sure how I got along without one for so many years.Oh I know having gotten older I just need more help now to move ,lift stuff around. Bonus for me,= more seat time.

#8 bh115577 OFFLINE  

bh115577
  • 434 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 11:54 AM

I have a BX2200 of similar vintage that I picked up about 3 years ago with just under 1000 hours on the clock.  My hydraulic controls come off with the loader.  

Check the air cleaner to make sure it is working.  The mount breaks and people fix em as best they can.  Not always good.

I have been replacing the hoses on my LA211 one at a time since.  Maybe the smart thing to do it just change them all.

Unless the dealer did it change the hydraulic fluid.   You can't trust what you see at the dip stick.  If you think it is good drain some out of the bottom to have a look.The $80 or so it costs for the correct fluid is worth the money.  Maybe change out the fluid in the front axle.  I put 80/90 in mine.  

I added a pariana tool bar to the bucket.   It helps with digging and lets the bucket hold a bit more.  Also makes it longer so I more easily haul stuff like the large feed tubs we use for planters.  Very pleased with it.  I take it off to move snow because it digs in too easy.

The front tires are not the best and take an act of god to get them onto the rims.  If you ever need new ones but new tires and rim combo from kubota, the newer version has larger rims with the same overall wheel diameter.

The hydrostatic cooling fan can get busted, some people have added sheilds/armour/skid plates to protect it.

Enjoy

Air cleaner is good.

Hoses on the loader are fair but I plan on changing out the worst ones soon.

Will be changing all the fluids and filters soon. Oil filter has the hours written on it and less than 20 have passed on the clock. Changing it anyway just for piece of mind.

The fan has all the blades on it and no cracks or damage that I can see. It does have a plate to block sticks and other things from getting into it.

#9 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 04:52 PM

Isn't that TOO NEW to be on this forum?  Hee!  Real nice and makes me jealous.  And one more thing, Your WHITE garage is TOO clean and neat!  How can you stand to work in there when it's so nice? :smilewink: My Mancave shop really IS dark like a Cave. I painted it all white when first built, but now can barely see the walls, ha!

#10 bh115577 OFFLINE  

bh115577
  • 434 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 07:10 PM

Isn't that TOO NEW to be on this forum?  Hee!  Real nice and makes me jealous.  And one more thing, Your WHITE garage is TOO clean and neat!  How can you stand to work in there when it's so nice? :smilewink: My Mancave shop really IS dark like a Cave. I painted it all white when first built, but now can barely see the walls, ha!

I do almost 40 hours a week of repair work out there, much of it is hydraulic testing and repairs, so clean is good for me. Well that and my eyes aren't what they used to be so a bright shop helps a lot since I'm too stubborn to get some glasses.