17 replies to this topic

#16 gapper OFFLINE  

gapper

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2232
  • 5 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted March 14, 2011 - 07:00 PM

Good deal on finding the parts, The best thing i read however was that you got to enjoy some time with your daughter. that really means alot these days with so many parents not even interested in spending time with there kids.

#17 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted March 14, 2011 - 10:12 PM

Found a picture of the cover. It is in the left bottom corner.GT-14Panels WH.org.jpg
Here is Glen's address
eMail: GlenPettit@cablespeed.com

He also makes the early plastic hub caps for the front wheels, knobs for shifters and levers, steering wheel inserts and some of the 60's headlamp lenses. All items that Toro can no longer supply and he has made improvements to them where he can.

Garry
  • caseguy said thank you

#18 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted March 15, 2011 - 04:09 PM

...He also makes the early plastic hub caps for the front wheels, knobs for shifters and levers, steering wheel inserts and some of the 60's headlamp lenses. All items that Toro can no longer supply and he has made improvements to them where he can.

Garry

Thanks for all the info and the help Garry! It is really appreciated!
I have the original hub caps, they came with it. I'm not sure what levers mine is supposed to have, but I don't think the right ones are on it. I don't think that mine had headlamps as there doesn't seem to be anywhere for them to attach, but I am missing the "badge" out of the top end of the grille. It's a work in progress... it's part of the fun of the hobby... for me at least!