#16 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,477 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 10:19 AM

I think I made the right choice, the HD is still sitting there waiting for someone else to pick it up.  AND, I'm not sleeping on the couch tonight.

I doubt you will kill yourself on the tractor either. I've owned a ton of bikes but I'm much more relaxed on the tractor.  :smilewink:

• FrozenInTime said thank you

#17 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • Member No: 46384
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 12:07 PM

I assume that Deere and Kubota are the only two dealerships in your area which is why you are going between the two?  I ask because there are many other manufacturers of these tractors to consider and perhaps muddy the waters if you will.  Mahindra, Massey Ferguson, Cub Cadet, New Holland, Kioti just to name a few. 

There is another big dealer in the area, Titan Machinery.  They sell the case/IH and new holland.  New holland was what I was originally looking towards BUT, I went to the dealership and what did I receive?  When I mentioned I was looking in the 22 - 26 horsie range, all I got was we don't have time for the toys (in so many words).  When I did corner a salesman, he would not listen very well.  Kept trying to pass off a 40 and a 35 horse model out of my price range.  Told him a couple times the size I wanted/needed, then he printed out the 2 bigger ones and said look at these.  Pretty much did not want to deal with me, they had too many ag tractors to sell.  I left there thinking what a bunch of ..... well.... never mind, gonna keep it clean here.  That is why these 2 choices are what I'm considering now.  They took the time to talk to me.  Even the big JD ag dealership guy was more than happy to sit and talk/listen to me.

#18 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 12:39 PM

There is another big dealer in the area, Titan Machinery.  They sell the case/IH and new holland.  New holland was what I was originally looking towards BUT, I went to the dealership and what did I receive?  When I mentioned I was looking in the 22 - 26 horsie range, all I got was we don't have time for the toys (in so many words).  When I did corner a salesman, he would not listen very well.  Kept trying to pass off a 40 and a 35 horse model out of my price range.  Told him a couple times the size I wanted/needed, then he printed out the 2 bigger ones and said look at these.  Pretty much did not want to deal with me, they had too many ag tractors to sell.  I left there thinking what a bunch of ..... well.... never mind, gonna keep it clean here.  That is why these 2 choices are what I'm considering now.  They took the time to talk to me.  Even the big JD ag dealership guy was more than happy to sit and talk/listen to me.

I would have done the same thing.  Nothing wrong with either of the machines you are looking at.  I just wondered if you had other options to be able to make a more informed decision.  As long as you are happy with what you get, nothing else matters.  I can't stand these dealers that can't give you the time of day.  They obviously sell way more larger machines with a much bigger profit margin.  Still, a sale is a sale.  It's all money in their pocket.  I just don't understand the mentality.  If they don't have time for toys, then they shouldn't handle them.

• FrozenInTime said thank you

#19 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted March 15, 2015 - 08:55 AM

Looks like the Kubota wins!  I did up the paperwork, zero % interest rate kicked it over the top.  Got approved through Kubota finance so I'm good to go.  Went to pick it up, but nooooooooo.... LOL, problems.  Not a bad problem to have though.  The salesman cleaned up the one on the lot we had been discussing and told me it did not look good enough to him, so he ordered a new one from the warehouse.  It arrived friday and will be set up to my specs, turf tires, loader and 50" tiller.  Pretty darn nice of the guy to make sure I get one spankin new, no scratches and paint not faded yet.  He's going to be out of town a couple days, I told him no hurry, don't need it quite yet so I will pick it up on Thursday.  Pics will follow, if I don't get too excited when I get it home and start playing.... er.... working 'er.

• Cvans said thank you

#20 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted March 19, 2015 - 03:32 PM

Well, finally decided and picked one up.  Hope she last/works as long/well as she is supposed to, not a cheap ... toy.  First thing I learned with her??  Fold the roll over bar BEFORE putting in the garage, got a small ding in the garage to fix now.  I was watching to make sure the loader had room to go into the garage and BOOM.... sure glad I was idling in low into the garage... LOL.  Live and learn.  Here she is, new tractor sitting next to the old tractor.

Attached Thumbnails

• bota.JPG

• KennyP and Cat385B have said thanks

#21 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,477 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 06:29 PM

Nice looking tractor. Your going to love the loader.  :thumbs:

#22 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 08:12 PM

Thanks y'all!  From the recent weather, I can see I messed up on this.  I should have also picked up a SNOWBLOWER... yeesh.  Could not tell from the pic is is winter, but sure got dumped on lastnight/this am.  LOL, North Dakota, ya gotta love it.