Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

New Grader blade for the '64 Simplicity Landlord.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 10, 2015 - 04:44 PM

I actually bought a seat from Tractor supply and ground the studs off of the seat pan. I removed the torn upholstery and cushion from my original seat pan, but I left the original seat pan mounted to the tractor. I untied the string holding the vinyl cover on the tractor supply seat, pulled the vinyl back, and set the complete tractor seat in my original pan. I pulled the vinyl over my original pan and retied the string. It works great and I didn't have to modify anything on the tractor. Eventually I'll get around to doing a proper reupholstry job on my original seat.

I'm going to look for that seat, that's a GREAT idea. :thumbs:

• classic said thank you

#17 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted March 10, 2015 - 05:37 PM

It's actually a great fix for the seat. Just be careful when grinding the studs off because you don't want to melt the foam. I also really had to stretch the vinyl to get it over the original seat pan, and I did it in the hot sun when the vinyl was soft and easier to stretch. Even then I still had to fight it, but it's tight as a drum, comfortable, and the new seat pan doesn't shift inside the old one at all. I was going to just mount the new seat on, but it sat lower and looked kind of funky. I like still having the shape and color of the original seat pan.
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#18 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,222 posts

Posted March 10, 2015 - 08:30 PM

sweet !! glad to see you got it home and put it to good use.  I do love the look of those red tractors, all mine are yellow :D.  I call dibs on the next grader blade in this area :thumbs:LOL

Pete

• classic said thank you

#19 Simpleton OFFLINE  

Simpleton
  • Member No: 67116
  • 108 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 05:47 PM

I'm about as Orange with envy as a Simpleton could get, for both the tractor and the grader blade!

Very nice rig! I like the seat too. I just looked at that same seat at TS the other day and was wondering how to make that work on my 3012. I hope you don't mind my copying the idea.

• KennyP and classic have said thanks

#20 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 06:22 PM

I have a lot of time invested in searching for these machines and implements, Simpleton. I can't count how many days that I should have had a fishing pole in my hand instead of grease on em', HA! These machines are out there to be had and they seem to pop up at the wrong time for me, but it turns out to be worth it in the end. Heck, I mentioned the seat idea in case anyone wanted to fix their seat the same way, so have at it! This is a great forum for sharing ideas and advice, so I'll contribute what I can.
  • Alc and Simpleton have said thanks

#21 Simpleton OFFLINE  

Simpleton
  • Member No: 67116
  • 108 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 07:47 PM

I have a lot of time invested in searching for these machines and implements, Simpleton. I can't count how many days that I should have had a fishing pole in my hand instead of grease on em', HA! These machines are out there to be had and they seem to pop up at the wrong time for me, but it turns out to be worth it in the end. Heck, I mentioned the seat idea in case anyone wanted to fix their seat the same way, so have at it! This is a great forum for sharing ideas and advice, so I'll contribute what I can.

I fully understand about time invested and can appreciate it. I'm just in the beginning stages of this hobby/addiction, and can tend to be a little bit impatient. I really appreciate all the pics you guys post and the information shared. It helps us newbies nail down what we want to persue. The '64 Landlord catches my eye more than any other tractor I've seen.

#22 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 08:11 PM

I've been here on the forum for a year, so I'm pretty new here myself. I always liked the old garden tractors and grew up mowing with my Dad's Montgomery Wards Squire. I like the '64 Landlord especially after seeing some that other members had here. When I found this one, I was messing with Sears Suburban tractors. I traded one of the Suburbans that ran great for the '64 Landlord that had a seized engine. I have another 64 Landlord that's a bit rough, so I disassembled both engines and used the best block and crankshaft during the engine rebuild. The '64 Landlord reminds me of my first car. I spent three years saving every penny I could to build the car. All of my friends were driving already, but I really wanted to get the Chevelle ready to go on the road. This car got me into rebuilding engines and it took me over a year to get the funds up and put the 396 together in my Dads small garage. Looking back, I wish I kept the car,but that was another time. Some day I may get another if the stars line up. This picture was taken the day I finally put the car on the road in 1990. I got a speeding ticket a half hour later, HA

Attached Thumbnails

• 193294_115371035209198_3196952_o.jpg

Edited by classic, March 12, 2015 - 11:09 AM.

• Alc, KennyP and Simpleton have said thanks