• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 03, 2011 - 07:18 PM

That's a really nice looking tractor. I've never seen one like it .

#17 steve johnson OFFLINE  

steve johnson

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1719
  • 29 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted October 03, 2011 - 07:50 PM

I just found some info on the Amigo page. Amigo sold to AMF in 68 and built tractors with the AMF name for about 6 months. The post said that there were not very many of them made and that they are rare. thanks, Steve
  • tractorgarden said thank you

#18 girlscoutsuze OFFLINE  

• Member No: 58249
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 10:28 PM

Well here it goes, American Machine & Foundry corp. started way back in 1900 by a man named Rufus L. Patterson. His claim to fame was his invention of the automated cigarette machine. In 1943 his son Morehead Patterson had taken control of the company, after WW two the company was in a do or die position. He perfected a automated bowling pin setter in the early 50's and sold stock to buy numerous companys. AMF had their hands in just about everything, bicycles, bowling, golf, Harley, food equipment, motorhomes, boxing, snowmobiles, boats, planes, outboards, monorails,the silos for ICBM's, a lot of Govt. contracts, chemicals, the list went on and on and......... you get the point. AMF got in to outdoor power equipt. the late 60's . In the 70's the history is kinda sketchey. The AMF Western Tool Div. Des Moine, Iowa50302 produced models 1010 which is a MF-10 and the model 1014 which is a MF-14. I do not no when Snapper took over but I think later 70's. I guess what im saying is that the AMF trac 10 is a Massey 10. I never found a AMF trac 12, I do not believe they ever marketed one. AMF trac 1014 is a Massey 14. AMF trac 1414 is not Massey. I believe that Badger Northland had a finger in on this mess to. Olcowhand may have some of their equip. :sleep::sleep: AMF made Dynamark and others. Nite all

My dad has a AMF Model# K321-6055B made by Western Tool it is a 1968.  We could never find out much about it.  He still uses it to mow and plow his garden.  Would love to see pictures of yours.

#19 MH81 ONLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,703 Thanks
  • 28,346 posts

Posted June 01, 2014 - 05:03 AM

My dad has a AMF Model# K321-6055B made by Western Tool it is a 1968.  We could never find out much about it.  He still uses it to mow and plow his garden.  Would love to see pictures of yours.

The AMF line of tractors are very similar to the MF line of the era. The model umber you have listed is, I believe, the engine model number... There is another sticker somewhere which has the tractor model and serial.
If you post a pic of yours, I'm fairly certain we could get up a model number. Someone may even be able to narrow year.

If you do put up a picture, please start a new thread so more its see it.

:welcome: to GTTalk.

#20 LilysDad OFFLINE  

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,245 Thanks
  • 7,476 posts

Posted June 01, 2014 - 07:23 AM

Believe it or not, It actually Works quite well...

How do you reverse the winch to play out line?

Is anyone going to finish the AMF history? I remember they were selling woodworking tools at a great price and then they disappeared.

#21 1978murray OFFLINE  

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 06:36 PM

Anyone have info on amf lawn tractor line. I got a amf 8/36 with a 8hp vertical shaft briggs and a 600 series peerless rearend