Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Need some input from the Rhode Island guys please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted March 07, 2015 - 02:53 PM

My daughter graduates high school this year and we wanted to take her on a trip this summer.  We decided on Newport RI.  Why?  That's where we went on our honeymoon and we wanted her to see it.  The mansions especially.  Anyway, we would like to stay someplace either on the water or very near the water.  No research or leg work required here.  I just want to know from someone more local of any places to stay that might meet that criteria.  Wife has been checking out many places but only a local can give us a true perspective as to what we're looking for.  We'll do the research.  We just want to see if there are any other places that we may not have come across.  Can anyone offer up some suggestions?  The place has probably changed quite a bit in the last 28 years.  We stayed at the Inn on Long Wharf back then.  I know it's different now.

• tinbender7 said thank you

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted March 07, 2015 - 07:45 PM

Isn't there an old Boat or  half a boat up in the hills out there somewhere that is a Motel? Seems I saw it on web, maybe a link from this site even???  Seems some famous president used to stay there, like FDR or Eisenhauer?  Probly won't be cheap, but looked neat as heck. Right on the water front, high up on the hill.

• David Brown said thank you

#3 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 07, 2015 - 07:49 PM

Wish I could help Dave! But even though I live and here and have worked in Newport in the past, I don't know 1st hand of what places are better than others.

Any time I go it is just a day trip. Sorry :(

• David Brown said thank you

#4 Coventry Plumber OFFLINE  

Coventry Plumber
  • Member No: 60643
  • 1,031 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted March 07, 2015 - 08:36 PM

Same here, I don't get out to Newport that often. I can't name one hotel there but they are all close to the water. It is a very nice place to visit. Good luck

Tom
  • chris m and David Brown have said thanks

#5 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted March 07, 2015 - 10:37 PM

Wish I could help Dave! But even though I live and here and have worked in Newport in the past, I don't know 1st hand of what places are better than others.

Any time I go it is just a day trip. Sorry :(

Yeah, it's hard to name places where you live because you never have to stay there.  I'm not looking for reviews, just a list of names.  We'll keep searching I guess.

• chris m said thank you

#6 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted March 07, 2015 - 10:46 PM

Isn't there an old Boat or  half a boat up in the hills out there somewhere that is a Motel? Seems I saw it on web, maybe a link from this site even???  Seems some famous president used to stay there, like FDR or Eisenhauer?  Probly won't be cheap, but looked neat as heck. Right on the water front, high up on the hill.

Sounds interesting.  We'll have to look that one up.  Thanks.