#16 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,805 Thanks
  • 2,218 posts

Posted March 06, 2015 - 05:24 AM

Looking at the pics I see what looks to be a power steering pump hooked up to the left side pto to run a hydraulic lift assy on the rear.  Pretty clever setup really, better pics would be good.

Pete

#17 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,479 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted March 06, 2015 - 08:14 AM

OO, that looks like a jewel in the rough.  Not much can cut like the old Simplicities/AC's. 

That is an interesting piece on the back.

#18 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted March 06, 2015 - 08:37 AM

So I got ahold of this daughter and she is give me 4 hours to look through her Dads barn before the scrapers come tomorrow and clean it out and tare it down But I can only take stuff that related to this tractor . If I find anything else that I want it will cost me extra money . The simplicity has been sitting in the same spot for 10 years her dad was the last one to use it and he died 10 years ago he bought it new

#19 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted March 06, 2015 - 08:40 AM

Nice find. Scour the rest of the barn carefully.

#20 Traill95 OFFLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,566 Thanks
  • 915 posts

Posted March 06, 2015 - 09:30 AM

That is what I use to push snow with in the winter and till the garden with in the summer. Great little tractor. :thumbs:

#21 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted March 06, 2015 - 09:36 AM

Very cool! Definitely add on hydraulics but would b neat to see how they work.

Id "relate" as much stuff in that barn as possible to the LL, if its all just getting scrapped. Why the heck do some folks insist on scrapping if someone is willing to take it for other use (and usually at a higher sale price)?
  • petrj6 said thank you

#22 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted March 06, 2015 - 10:08 AM

I think she did me fair on the price of 200 . But this barn is packed full of stuff old busted up metal pins for rabbits and stuff like that . But me and my friend are going to go out and go through it with a fine tooth comb today so I'm hopeing to find some more stuff but if not I'm just glad I got to save this one from going to the scrap yard
  • VintageIronCollector and classic have said thanks

#23 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,805 Thanks
  • 2,218 posts

Posted March 06, 2015 - 04:27 PM

MAN I MISS ALL THE FUN !!!!!!  I love looking thru old barns and building's. make sure you look up hi and low, you would be amazed at what you will find in old buildings.

Pete

#24 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted March 06, 2015 - 06:27 PM

Neat, a treasure hunt. I sure hope we get to sift through many pictures.

• KennyP said thank you

#25 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted March 07, 2015 - 09:41 AM

Sorry I didn't take my phone out of the truck we did find a couple of coons that were not to happy to see us several cats that were not friendly we found an old lawn aerator that is rusted up tight not sure if it will turn again . We moved piles of stuff just to see what was at the bottom I'm sure we made it easier for the scrapers today . There lowboy drivers and roll off box drivers even helped us a little bit . When it was all over I kind of felt like I knew this guy a little bit when we pulled stuff out The daughter would be surprised by it and told us the was my peddle car when I was 5 I can't let that go and her first bike was hanging up she took that to I think she left with a better understanding of her father it went from he was a horder to he had a lot of memories in the stuff he was keeping even thou it might have looked like junk to someone to him it was priceless memories so I'm sure by this time the house is no longer standing and it's been loaded up in roll off boxes and the barn has been cleaned out and loaded up on trucks but I will never forget the man I didn't know and it has humbled me just a little bit
  • KennyP, TomLGT195, classic and 2 others have said thanks

#26 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 858 Thanks
  • 353 posts

Posted March 10, 2015 - 08:06 AM

My father in law bought a new 1964 Simplicity landlord. I am sure if we were to go thru his file cabinet we would find the recite of what he paid for it.

He used it for several years to spring and fall till the garden and mow grass in the summer blade snow in the winter for a few years.

One winter I think 1969 we got a lot of snow and he had trouble removing so much from the drive with the blade so he bought a new snow blower for it. I still use it to blow snow from moms drive these days.

In 1972 he bought a 7112 that became the mower tractor and blade snow in the winter. Mom got a new Simplicity mow tractor in 2011 and gave me the 7112 since the dealer didn't want it in on trade. All the paper work for the 7112 came with the tractor deck and blade. Every penny dad had spent on that tractor including the sales recite came in the package.

Lots of memory's walking in dads back yard garage just the short time I knew him. Same with that 7112 parked in my pole barn so many memory's the wife has from it too. 

:D   Al

• KennyP said thank you

#27 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted March 13, 2015 - 06:33 PM

Sorry I haven't updated this with any new pics but I got an upper respiratory infection and it has kicked my butt . But on Sunday I pulled the plug out of it and the plug looked good I put some marvel mystery oil in the cylinder and got busy doing other things well after a few hours I got back to it I rolled it over by hand and the motor started I put some gas in a gravity tank and it started and ran it did smoke for a few seconds but that's as far as I have got so far on it
  • KennyP and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#28 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,372 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted March 13, 2015 - 06:56 PM