• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 cootertom OFFLINE  

cootertom
  • Member No: 59950
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 718 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 09:51 AM

Don't everyone have a head on collision trying to get there first.

http://southjersey.c...4917846049.html

• MH81, Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#2 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 10:16 AM

This has been for sale for a while

#3 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 10:19 AM

wow this actually sounds cheap for a panzer. whats it really worth sight unseen?

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 10:20 AM

This has been for sale for a while

And probably will be for a while
  • cootertom said thank you

#5 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,626 Thanks
  • 3,918 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 10:59 AM

I have taken the liberty of adding some very important info to the otherwise vague description.  This should help potential buyers visualize what they will be getting without pictures.   The bold print is the additional information, which can only be a guess as I haven't seen the tractor in person.

"disclaimer - for entertainment purposes only"

For sale is a Panzer T70B tractor, or at least some of it.  This is the most common of Panzer and therefore the least desirable to the disserning collector, although my asking price didn't take that into consideration.   This panzer which would be best suited as a boat anchor, was painted red by the previous owner. There was no surface preparation and the Color Place brand rattlecan was hap-hazzardly applied over the plentiful rust and less plentiful grease buildup.  Also included is a three blade mower deck. As you may already know Panzers had a two blade deck, so this mower devise may actually be from a Hoyt Clagwell mower.  The brand of the mower attachment is irrevelant as the deck, much like the tractor itself, is rusted to oblivion and the spindles are frozen.  Belts rotted off decades ago and like every other part on this machine,  they need replaced.  The tractor is complete except for the engine, rear lift and front wheels, frame, fenders, rear wheels, seat, hood, steering assembly, grille, drive mechanism, tires, and front axle. The front wheels can still be used, they just need bearings, and lots of welding new metal in where the original metal vanished without a trace. Like the rest of the tractor, it'd just be easier to build one from scratch which is why I'm trying to unload this mass of rust to an unsuspecting victom.  The rims, However, they are 4 inch rims, not 6. I have an original Murray pulley with two worn out and rotten rubber reverse wheels. I also have the engine mount plate, broken in six pieces but weldable, and all three rubber mounts from a squirrel cage fan totally unrelated to the tractor. Also included is a gas tank, its bent and rusted out but I don't have straps or cap. Its a great project tractor for the scrap yards blow torch this winter or could easily be made into a pulling tractor that you will find out would have been better melted down and sent to China after you put a lot of time and money into it.  If you are more than just a tire kicker I'd be glad to get some crappy out of focus cell phone pictures just as soon as it gets good and dark outside,  where the tractor has been resting for years, slowly becoming one with the earth.  Asking only $500 or best offer, call or text James at........  

I almost forgot,  This tractor ran when parked!

Edited by Gtractor, March 05, 2015 - 04:05 PM.

• OldBuzzard, grnspot110, Alc and 12 others have said thanks

#6 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 11:19 AM

oops i didnt even read in the ad that it was mising engine

i'd give him $100

• icecream4070 said thank you

#7 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 11:32 AM

I think that deck was being listed for 250 or 200 in separate ad

#8 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 11:44 AM

I have taken the liberty of adding some very important info to the otherwise vague description.  This should help potential buyers visualize what they will be getting without pictures.   The bold print is the additional information, which can only be a guess as I haven't seen the tractor in person.

I vote that you get to do this for all Craigslist ads posted here from now on.  :smilewink:

• Gtractor, Alc, Talntedmrgreen and 6 others have said thanks

#9 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,062 Thanks
  • 2,177 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 01:47 PM

I vote that you get to do this for all Craigslist ads posted here from now on.  :smilewink:

I second the motion, let's put it to a vote.

• Gtractor, Jack and icecream4070 have said thanks

#10 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 07:23 PM

Aye.

• Gtractor and Alc have said thanks

#11 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 07:43 PM

dang your a mean one chris,lol

• Gtractor said thank you

#12 Jack OFFLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 08:51 PM

I second the motion, let's put it to a vote.

Yeah, What he said ^

#13 cootertom OFFLINE  

cootertom
  • Member No: 59950
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 718 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 10:45 PM

For sale is a Panzer T70B tractor, or at least some of it.  This is the most common of Panzer and therefore the least desirable to the disserning collector, although my asking price didn't take that into consideration.   This panzer which would be best suited as a boat anchor, was painted red by the previous owner. There was no surface preparation and the Color Place brand rattlecan was hap-hazzardly applied over the plentiful rust and less plentiful grease buildup.  Also included is a three blade mower deck. As you may already know Panzers had a two blade deck, so this mower devise may actually be from a Hoyt Clagwell mower.  The brand of the mower attachment is irrevelant as the deck, much like the tractor itself, is rusted to oblivion and the spindles are frozen.  Belts rotted off decades ago and like every other part on this machine,  they need replaced.  The tractor is complete except for the engine, rear lift and front wheels, frame, fenders, rear wheels, seat, hood, steering assembly, grille, drive mechanism, tires, and front axle. The front wheels can still be used, they just need bearings, and lots of welding new metal in where the original metal vanished without a trace. Like the rest of the tractor, it'd just be easier to build one from scratch which is why I'm trying to unload this mass of rust to an unsuspecting victom.  The rims, However, they are 4 inch rims, not 6. I have an original Murray pulley with two worn out and rotten rubber reverse wheels. I also have the engine mount plate, broken in six pieces but weldable, and all three rubber mounts from a squirrel cage fan totally unrelated to the tractor. Also included is a gas tank, its bent and rusted out but I don't have straps or cap. Its a great project tractor for the scrap yards blow torch this winter or could easily be made into a pulling tractor that you will find out would have been better melted down and sent to China after you put a lot of time and money into it.  If you are more than just a tire kicker I'd be glad to get some crappy out of focus cell phone pictures just as soon as it gets good and dark outside,  where the tractor has been resting for years, slowly becoming one with the earth.  Asking only $500 or best offer, call or text James at........  

Thanks, well said.

And he did a excellent job.

#14 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted March 06, 2015 - 06:38 AM

Spoilsport!!!   :D   :D   :D 

• Gtractor and sacsr have said thanks