• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

#91 accidentalchild OFFLINE  

accidentalchild
  • Member No: 68112
  • 365 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 07:40 AM

Yes they did and you can find them on craigslist every now and then in the $200-400 range depending on condition.

I found a cab on craigslist and it looks super clean but i have been unable to confirm the model number. Do you know if there is any info on what model fits these tractors? I don't see anything on the Curtis website.

#92 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 11:34 AM

Well if it looks like the one in this picture that I found on the net it should fit. Do a google search on bolens hard cab and then click on images at the top

https://www.google.c...tion%2F;500;375

You will see a lot of pictures of that particular cab. 

Attached Thumbnails

• curtis`.jpg

• accidentalchild said thank you

#93 accidentalchild OFFLINE  

accidentalchild
  • 365 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 12:32 AM

Bought some o rings for the for the tranny and some cool liner for the trailer. Hopefully our rain will end and I can get back to work on this.

#94 accidentalchild OFFLINE  

accidentalchild
  • 365 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 08:36 PM

This trailer is coming along. I am gonna paint the outside to match my tractor, some Bolens decals would be nice.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20150309_121024_719.jpg
  • IMG_20150312_180618_164.jpg

#95 accidentalchild OFFLINE  

accidentalchild
  • 365 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 09:12 PM

They may have run out of the white stripe lol, something is off. Soon the stripes will be gone.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20150312_190925_591.jpg

#96 accidentalchild OFFLINE  

accidentalchild
  • 365 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 04:50 PM

Does anyone have a good source for rims for the back so I can get some agg tires for it? Also can implement s for any other garden tractor brand work on this one?

#97 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 05:11 PM

Does anyone have a good source for rims for the back so I can get some agg tires for it? Also can implement s for any other garden tractor brand work on this one?

No other brand will work on these were you located I may have a set of rims to sell?

#98 accidentalchild OFFLINE  

accidentalchild
  • 365 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 05:23 PM

Oregon

#99 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 06:57 PM

If you get a 3 point hitch,other brands of implements will work
  • bhts and accidentalchild have said thanks

#100 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,116 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 07:12 PM

I have a few sets of rims for the 26 x 12 x 12 tires and a couple sets for the 15 inch tires. There is a couple other brands that used the same rims as the bolens. The wheel horse d series used the same rim and also the sears ff series and the massey ferguson 1655 and 1855. The sears and massey rim did have a little different offset but will fit just fine.

• blackjackjakexxix and accidentalchild have said thanks

#101 accidentalchild OFFLINE  

accidentalchild
  • 365 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 08:18 PM

Where are you located?

#102 accidentalchild OFFLINE  

accidentalchild
  • 365 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 09:22 PM

I have a few sets of rims for the 26 x 12 x 12 tires and a couple sets for the 15 inch tires. There is a couple other brands that used the same rims as the bolens. The wheel horse d series used the same rim and also the sears ff series and the massey ferguson 1655 and 1855. The sears and massey rim did have a little different offset but will fit just fine.

are the rims for the 26-12-12 on your website?

#103 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,116 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 09:41 PM

are the rims for the 26-12-12 on your website?

No they are not on my website. I have thousands of new old stock parts for the bolens and a lot of used parts also. We are also a full line Kohler and MTD dealer. I will send you a pm about them.

Edited by bhts, March 14, 2015 - 09:46 PM.

#104 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted March 15, 2015 - 12:46 AM

...  Also can implement s for any other garden tractor brand work on this one?

Bolens, Cub Cadet, Wheel Horse, etc. all used proprietary attachment systems, so a Wheel Horse or Cub Cadet tiller won't work with a Bolens large frame.

However there were two 'universal standard' attachment systems for the garden tractors.  The CAT 0 3-PT hitch and the Sleeve hitch (which is actually a 1-PT hitch allow the use of attachments with that hitch type to be used across tractor brand lines.

Bolens did not have a sleeve hitch for the large frames, but they did have a CAT 0 3-pt hitch.  With the CAT 0 you could get an A-Frame with a sleeve hitch adapter on it so that you could use both CAT 0 and Sleeve hitch implements on a large frame.

Brinly and Ohio Steel were the big players in the sleeve hitch implements, and Brinly was a major player in the CAT 0 implements.

There were other manufacturers, such as Haban, that made implements that were designed to attach using each brands proprietary hitch.

The Gannon folks went one better with their Earthcavator.  They made them in sleeve hitch, CAT 0 3-PT hitch, and also the proprietary hitches for some garden tractor brands.  I have one that is setup specifically to attach to the Bolens tube frames, and it won't attach to any other tractor.

With your 1476, you can put a CAT 0 3-PT on it, get an A-Frame adapter, and have a huge selection of attachments that will work with it.

#105 accidentalchild OFFLINE  

accidentalchild
  • 365 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted March 15, 2015 - 01:38 AM

Bolens, Cub Cadet, Wheel Horse, etc. all used proprietary attachment systems, so a Wheel Horse or Cub Cadet tiller won't work with a Bolens large frame.

However there were two 'universal standard' attachment systems for the garden tractors.  The CAT 0 3-PT hitch and the Sleeve hitch (which is actually a 1-PT hitch allow the use of attachments with that hitch type to be used across tractor brand lines.

Bolens did not have a sleeve hitch for the large frames, but they did have a CAT 0 3-pt hitch.  With the CAT 0 you could get an A-Frame with a sleeve hitch adapter on it so that you could use both CAT 0 and Sleeve hitch implements on a large frame.

Brinly and Ohio Steel were the big players in the sleeve hitch implements, and Brinly was a major player in the CAT 0 implements.

There were other manufacturers, such as Haban, that made implements that were designed to attach using each brands proprietary hitch.

The Gannon folks went one better with their Earthcavator.  They made them in sleeve hitch, CAT 0 3-PT hitch, and also the proprietary hitches for some garden tractor brands.  I have one that is setup specifically to attach to the Bolens tube frames, and it won't attach to any other tractor.

With your 1476, you can put a CAT 0 3-PT on it, get an A-Frame adapter, and have a huge selection of attachments that will work with it.

....................great thanks for your help, I have seen just today a haben sicklebar attachment and an earthgavator. I was looking at 3-points today on eBay and was not sure what would fit. Also amazon has the 26-12-12 Carlisle true power tires for 110 dollars each, sounds like a good price to me.