• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted March 04, 2015 - 10:03 PM

Anyone know what happened to this guy. It looks like things were going well for awhile then he was hit hard with negative feedback's then banned. I had two items of his I was watching then find out he is no longer registered. 

I remember on one of the model train forums I belong to they had a sellers section where members could sell to each other. This one guy started to get a lot of bad responses about not taking care of his business. Later on someone found out the guy died & no one at his home could clean this up right away. It was a bad thing for the family.

http://feedback.ebay...orld=true&rt=nc

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#2 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 04, 2015 - 11:27 PM

That's a shame. I bought parts from them before. Got a good deal and was happy with the purchase.

• tinbender7 and Sawdust have said thanks

#3 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 12:14 AM

I've bought from them in the past... seemed to be on the up and up.  I ordered a part from them 4 weeks ago.  My PayPal account was debited right away, but the part never came... I figured it might have been the snow back east, so I waited an extra week--still nothing.  My messages to them were unanswered. I finally filed with eBay and got a refund on my money.

He may be sick or has passed away, I don't know... the fact that my PayPal account was charged leads me to think otherwise...

Smitty

• Alc, tinbender7 and Sawdust have said thanks

#4 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,133 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 05:44 AM

I had a similar issue where a dude feel off the face of earth on ebay. It's no big deal get your money back. Who knows they are people just you and me anything can happen
  • tinbender7, HANKG and Sawdust have said thanks

#5 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,033 Thanks
  • 770 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 07:22 AM

good faith should be a guide for all.and "trustworth" mandatory.

• tinbender7, HANKG and Sawdust have said thanks

#6 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 09:01 AM

Smitty until a sellers account has been changed the Paypal account will remain active when a buyer purchases an item. The seller could no longer exist but this will still happen until someone makes the changes. That is what happened on the train forum the seller still had items up for sale that members were buying long after he passed away. It gives the buyer the impression the seller is still taking their money but not completing the transaction. It was a mess. 

Jabelman I think we all can agree their just like anyone else but the "big deal" you spoke of is not the money. Most of the time Paypal will get the money returned. What I was bringing up was the well being of the seller. This person had a legit & successful business for almost 15 years serving the needs most of us have with our hobby & now nothing. I thought maybe someone on here knew this person & could commit on what happened.

• Bolens 1000, KennyP and Bmerf have said thanks

#7 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,133 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 09:18 AM

Point to all sellers make sure someone you trust has your password in case something happens.
To add to my experience about a year later I got an email from the sellers son stating yes his father passed and he restarted and sold remaining merchandise he had (model airplane kits) which was great cause they had stuff you could only get through them.
  • Sawdust said thank you