#16 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,655 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted August 06, 2016 - 10:00 AM

I cut it down to fit the lift mech I have on tractor, should not have done that. It WAS longer then and would be better. That is why was thinking of going back to something longer, use it w/out the quick-tach from the tractor. I was originally going to use that, because it lifted, but sure didn't lift much. Only about 4" when I tried it out, what a bumber. Then, after that, even on the tach unit, had trouble with enough height to actually dump bucket before hitting ground.  Let's face it, I really wanted a Loader and was thinking this would be close, and didn't work out. Still have nice bucket tho if I ever wanted to build the loader, ha!

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#17 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,655 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted August 06, 2016 - 10:01 AM

Another thing on mounting. To get it out and using longer lift arms, was out quite a ways and I didn't care for that so much either. Another reason for shortening at first. 

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#18 secondtry ONLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 343 Thanks
  • 320 posts

Posted August 06, 2016 - 11:27 AM

Sorry to hear your disappointment. I recently came home with a craftsman "Front scoop tractor attachment" model 486-248474. Garage sail find $50. My idea was I couldn't build the bucket for the money. I haven't decided what to try it on. I was waiting to see your experience. I'm not sure how mine compares to yours but I think it may be much lighter duty. O well hope I have more than scrap value.    Don

• KennyP said thank you