• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 04:22 PM

Well, we've known for a little while the 175's clutch was going on us, but due to hard shifting, now the 1st/reverse fork has let go. She stuck in 1st up against a hay ring. My son & I man handled the hay bale, then the ring. Drove the tractor out & cleaning her up to tear her down. This tractor also scrapes the manure, so things will get nasty in a hurry if we don't get her repaired by end of next week! We really need to get a skid steer, but they just cost so dad-blamed much!

#2 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 04:32 PM

Good luck on a quick repair, Dan. Or, maybe the skid-steer fairy will visit you?

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 05:14 PM

Hope it's a fairly quick fix for you Daniel.

#4 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 05:23 PM

I know the feeling, good luck on a speedy recovery.:deadhorse: I know you can beat its issue with a wrench and a big wallet, but as you know it gets deep quick; almost as quick as in the chat room.:bash:

#5 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,077 Thanks
  • 1,446 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 06:28 PM

I'd let you use my MF 175 if I was closer to give you a chance to work on your's.Hope the repair doesn't take too long and your back up and running in no time.Guess you could really make the MF 1655 really have a work out if thing's get too out of hand.Larry

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 07:20 PM

Good luck on a speedy repair Daniel. It's not fun when equipment you need goes down. You of all people know it the most. I will pray for the skid steer fairy also LOL.

#7 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,341 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 07:20 PM

Dan, do you have the feeler gauges & specs/shop manual for her?

#8 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 07:23 PM

Dan, do you have the feeler gauges & specs/shop manual for her?

With this repair, we can go without the manual, but we do have complete service manuals on all our tractors.

#9 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 07:25 PM

I'd let you use my MF 175 if I was closer to give you a chance to work on your's.Hope the repair doesn't take too long and your back up and running in no time.Guess you could really make the MF 1655 really have a work out if thing's get too out of hand.Larry

Larry, never never offer to loan a tractor for scraping manure! LOL And I can scrape with the 1655/1855 if it came to it. Just take a wee bit longer. lol

#10 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,077 Thanks
  • 1,446 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 07:57 PM

Larry, never never offer to loan a tractor for scraping manure! LOL And I can scrape with the 1655/1855 if it came to it. Just take a wee bit longer. lol

Hey my old girl has scraped lots of manure in her time.I even have a set of maunure forks for her.LOL Larry

#11 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted March 15, 2011 - 08:44 PM

I hope you can get the Massey up and running soonwithout to much trouble. I wish you could do the clutch as easy as is is on my old H and M Farmall tractors. You can drop and replace the clutch without splitting the tractor. You take the belly hydraulic pump out and the clutch and pressure plate will come out the bottom.

#12 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted March 15, 2011 - 08:46 PM

I hope you can get the Massey up and running soonwithout to much trouble. I wish you could do the clutch as easy as is is on my old H and M Farmall tractors. You can drop and replace the clutch without splitting the tractor. You take the belly hydraulic pump out and the clutch and pressure plate will come out the bottom.

That would be sweet if we could drop it out the bottom. How do you get the trans input shaft out of the clutch & plate?

#13 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted March 15, 2011 - 09:06 PM

Daniel, The shaft is about a foot long and has a bolt together flex joint that connects the rear of the shaft to the tranny input shaft. To drop the clutch you remove 3 pipes and one shaft from the belly pump, remove 4 bolts and the hydraulic pump drops out the bottom. You then remove the flex joint bolts and unbolt the throw out bearing carrier from the center housing. To take out the pressure plate you take 3 of the 6 bolts out that hold it to the flywheel and then put those 3 bolts into the rear of the pressure plate and tighten them down which compresses the pressure plate. You then take the other 3 bolts out that hold the pressure plate to the flywheel and after getting a face full of dust/dirt it all comes out the bottom. This only works on the H and M model Farmalls but doesn't take long to do.

#14 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted March 15, 2011 - 09:45 PM

We haven't gotten into the 175 yet. Been putting brake pads into the Cat loader. We put the rubber tire scraper off the 175 onto the MF Super 90 to clean the lots with for now. But the 90 quit 5 minutes or less in. Turns out it had diesel algae in the fuel pump, stopping the check valves from working. Cleaned that all up & Josh scraped the lot, 90 running great.
Our old Hough 30 payloader is doing hay roll duty with the spike attachment we made for it years ago. The Hough almost didn't start today due to wet distributor cap, but finally fired & after running a while dried the cap well & ran fine.

#15 Cross Road Acres OFFLINE  

Cross Road Acres

• Member No: 2240
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted March 15, 2011 - 09:55 PM

:bash:Get that BIL to help you!

Edited by Cross Road Acres, March 15, 2011 - 10:07 PM.