• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Sdhdcouple OFFLINE  

Sdhdcouple
  • Member No: 44143
  • 143 Thanks
  • 153 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 09:23 AM

I have one I will sell, if you are still looking.

#17 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,142 Thanks
  • 4,490 posts

Posted May 25, 2015 - 09:11 PM

All the new ones are flat and vinyl decal overlay.  Much cheaper to make.  I happen to have 2 cross bucks, a crossing signal with control shed, and picked up a search light signal last fall.  K2 operator was removed so looking for that item to make it operable like the crossing signal.  But like was mentioned, you need to have a contact with the railroad to acquire those kind of items.  Having a local salvage man as my friend didn't hurt any either.

Easter-6.JPG      Signal-1.JPG

• Gtractor said thank you

#18 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted May 26, 2015 - 05:31 AM

There was one on CL here a couple days ago!

#19 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted May 26, 2015 - 06:21 PM

I have been trying to get a set of crossing flashers for my back yard for awhile.  Most folks seem to think they are made of gold with their asking prices.  We have the G scale garden railway done, now I need the flashers standing next to it.   Mike

• chieffan said thank you

#20 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,142 Thanks
  • 4,490 posts

Posted May 28, 2015 - 07:05 PM

I have been trying to get a set of crossing flashers for my back yard for awhile.  Most folks seem to think they are made of gold with their asking prices.  We have the G scale garden railway done, now I need the flashers standing next to it.   Mike

They are hard to come by for sure.  Push come to shove, buy them a piece at a  time.  Get the two lights with elbows hopefully.  2" conduit or straight pipe will attach to them.  Need the post though but you can use a length of PVC to mount the lights on.  Go from there.  Change it over to 12 volt or use the 17 volts bulbs that come with the lights.  Use a 12V battery and 12 V car flasher with 3 prongs.  One prong flashes one light and the other prong flashes the other light in sequence.  Third prong is your power in.  These flashers were built for vehicle that the indicator light flashed opposite the actual turn signal.

Edited by chieffan, May 28, 2015 - 07:06 PM.

#21 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted August 05, 2015 - 07:24 PM

If anybody is still looking for a R-R crossing sign, this just popped up.   http://www.enginads..../117602/cat/all

• MH81 said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted