• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 bob0usa OFFLINE  

bob0usa
  • Member No: 68074
  • 20 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted March 08, 2015 - 06:58 PM

I might have some of that info, but will have to look later. I have a thumb drive and also the Big Red Book which should have it in them. Mission Manufacturing in Evansville, IN might have those parts. They are the owner's of what is left of PK and have much in later model parts. OR, should just be a common stock bearing and seal would think and can get at any good bearing shop with numbers off the bearing or in a parts diagram. Going to work now, have to look better tomorrow.

serial number   is "65823"

• David Brown said thank you

#17 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted March 08, 2015 - 08:37 PM

A fella on the Yahoo forum claims it is best to buy another whole clutch assembly and drop it in, than to buy the discs and such to rebuild yours. They also have thicker discs now an improvement, but old housings need to be modified to use those then. Seems the throw-out bearing in those wears into the case, causing it not to push enough to release the clutch. Very hard to get those apart, requires good press and care. Talk to Adam at the place, he is the PK Guru of them. Might still want to check trans shaft. sometimes the bearing goes bad and seal that allows oil into the clutch and messes up discs. Can you wiggle the input shaft alot?

• bob0usa said thank you

#18 bob0usa OFFLINE  

bob0usa
  • 20 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted March 09, 2015 - 07:28 AM

A fella on the Yahoo forum claims it is best to buy another whole clutch assembly and drop it in, than to buy the discs and such to rebuild yours. They also have thicker discs now an improvement, but old housings need to be modified to use those then. Seems the throw-out bearing in those wears into the case, causing it not to push enough to release the clutch. Very hard to get those apart, requires good press and care. Talk to Adam at the place, he is the PK Guru of them. Might still want to check trans shaft. sometimes the bearing goes bad and seal that allows oil into the clutch and messes up discs. Can you wiggle the input shaft alot?

not knowing spec's for pads, as their bout .063 thick now, I was thinking bout changing them while I had it apart.

also I didn't have any slipage problems before, so I may not change them. Throw-out bearing, may be bad, don't know till I get book, doesn't look to be in one pc, but not worn into the housing tho, but I'm concerned bout the copper pc the trans shaft goes into,,,  trans shaft tho feels good, no slop sideways or endwise! and no oil in clutch housing either!

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,470 Thanks
  • 39,703 posts

Posted March 09, 2015 - 01:13 PM

Username sent me a copy of his files. I am no PK guru, so bear with me. Is this the clutch you are talking about?

1618GV Clutch Parts.JPG

• bob0usa said thank you

#20 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted March 09, 2015 - 01:36 PM

serial number   is "65823"

Ok, it is indeed a 1989.  Thanks.  It's always better to be sure.

• bob0usa said thank you

#21 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted March 09, 2015 - 01:42 PM

There was a kit at one time to change older clutch to newer different parts. Not sure if avail now. Think there is a service bulletin one time with making the change. You need to call Mission and ask questions, they WILL talk.

• bob0usa said thank you

#22 bob0usa OFFLINE  

bob0usa
  • 20 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted March 09, 2015 - 08:17 PM

Username sent me a copy of his files. I am no PK guru, so bear with me. Is this the clutch you are talking about?

attachicon.gif1618GV Clutch Parts.JPG

Yep! thats the one!!!  pict is not clear,,  but good enough to make me concerned!

• KennyP said thank you

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,470 Thanks
  • 39,703 posts

Posted March 10, 2015 - 06:31 AM

Yep! thats the one!!!  pict is not clear,,  but good enough to make me concerned!

I can get a better pic, just wanted to make sure I had the right one. Try this:

1618GV Clutch Parts Listing.JPG

1618GV Clutch Parts Listing 2.JPG

• bob0usa said thank you

#24 bob0usa OFFLINE  

bob0usa
  • 20 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted March 10, 2015 - 06:51 AM

I can get a better pic, just wanted to make sure I had the right one. Try this:

attachicon.gif1618GV Clutch Parts Listing.JPG

attachicon.gif1618GV Clutch Parts Listing 2.JPG

thanks a lot better,,, 

#25 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,470 Thanks
  • 39,703 posts

Posted March 10, 2015 - 07:54 AM

thanks a lot better,,, 

Good. Bear with us a bit and the whole manual will be uploaded. But it is large. The larger files can be a pain to open and download for some folks. Between George & I, we have upwards of 300 PK files to upload for you folks! So it may take a day or three!

Edit: I forgot to add, if there is something else from that manual you need, send me a PM. That can be done by hovering the mouse over my screen name at the left. A box will pop down and at the bottom left will be Send Message. Notification I have answered will be near your screen name at the top of and forum page (if you have that turned on in your profile).

• Username and bob0usa have said thanks

#26 bob0usa OFFLINE  

bob0usa
  • 20 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted March 13, 2015 - 08:20 AM

I have a manual for this now, and if any one needs a few pages form it, let me know and I can email to them. Thanks to every one for helping out with this!