6 replies to this topic

#1 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,367 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted March 02, 2015 - 09:19 PM

Looking at classic's B1,it is a beautiful tractor. Here is what you shouldn't do to your B1 (or any GT for that matter). Mechanically it seems to be in good condition. That paint,bending,and welding on it make it look like a back row special but in reality a couple of days and this could be a cleaned up pretty decent antique garden tractor. Notice the tiny 5-12 rear tires and wheel barrow front wheels and tires. It came with a set of 6-12 wheels and tires with chains but the tires are shot. I do happen to have a good set to put on it. Not sure how soon I will get anything done with this one because when I get the time I have a few ahead of it but I didn't want to pass it up.

Attached Thumbnails

• ac b1.jpg 3.jpg
  • ac b1.jpg
  • ac b1.jpg 3.jpg
  • ac b1 72 wh raider 10 truck load feb 28 2015.jpg 6.jpg

• KennyP, tinbender7, Talntedmrgreen and 2 others have said thanks

#2 Killer_A-C OFFLINE  

Killer_A-C
  • Member No: 51839
  • 367 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted March 02, 2015 - 09:46 PM

I am picking up a super nice B1 for parts but has a bad heart if you need any parts let me know
  • rustyoldjunk and Talntedmrgreen have said thanks

#3 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

• 2,367 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted March 02, 2015 - 09:48 PM

I just may shoot you a PM A-C. I can think of at least three parts off the top of my head.

Edited by rustyoldjunk, March 02, 2015 - 09:49 PM.

#4 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,446 Thanks
  • 1,597 posts

Posted March 02, 2015 - 10:10 PM

Paint and some parts replaced will transform that B1. I think most of us have other projects in the works every time we pick up another machine. The B1 I bought last year was my intro into the Allis/Simplicity hobby, and it's been uphill, downhill, and across state lines from there!
  • rustyoldjunk and KennyP have said thanks

#5 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

• 2,367 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted March 02, 2015 - 10:41 PM

I agree Classic. I don't do as much as I used to with GT's. I got my first one in '93,it was my Simplicity 700 and I still have it ( I won't even go into how many I have owned over the 20 plus last years). I seem to be going farther lately too. I just picked up 2 db Suburbans from KY,a SS18 from Missouri,and have another db Suburban on it's way from Iowa. You are right we do all have other projects and I am spending my more time with my vintage motorcycles the last few years and my 4 year old daughter (I also have a 30 year old daughter). So my tractor time is limited these days compared to years earlier. So I try to stay to lesser and smaller tractor projects these days. Another thing as I get older,I would rather use them than work on them. In the past I was happy to say that I had 30 non runners sitting around.

• classic said thank you

#6 KC9KAS ONLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,777 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted March 03, 2015 - 04:26 PM

I have seen a lot of AC garden tractors over the years, as we have a farm implement dealer here in town that used to sell Allis Chalmers tractors and garden tractors.

A good friend works there and I used to be down there all the time 30+ years ago!

rustyoldjunk, you will make that one look really good some day!

Edited by KC9KAS, March 03, 2015 - 04:26 PM.

• classic said thank you

#7 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,446 Thanks
  • 1,597 posts

Posted March 03, 2015 - 06:17 PM

This is a great hobby that I got back into just over a year ago. It's a great hobby because I use the machines all year round and it isn't super expensive. Big block Chevy were my old hobby years ago, but I don't have the funds or a good size garage to get involved with them again. As long as I'm getting a kick out of what I do, I'm happy. Finding an old garden tractor in nice shape is like finding a classic car on a back road. Next winter my shop will be set up so I can go out and tinker with the tractors without my fingers and toes going numb!