Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 10:23 AM

I ran across this the other day:

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

Several Microsoft utilities. The one I was interested in was the image resizer. You can use it to resize a picture (take a picture that has a large byte-count and turn it in to something less.). Comes in handy if you are wanting to post a picture on this or another site, but the file size of the picture is above the site's limit for uploads.

Click on the link, then look along the right-hand side of the screen for ImageResizer.exe.
Download and/or run the .exe file. Then, view a picture or a list (thumbnails) of several pictures. Point to a picture, then press your right mouse button once. You'll see in the list that pops up "Resize Image". You can select the size (large, medium,small), then a new file will be created, and the original is kept as-is.

I thought it was pretty handy.
  • dryrun said thank you

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 10:28 AM

If you don't have office tools image manager or apps like photoshop or gimp it the power toys image resizer is a good utility. Shouldn't have to resize images to post them here on GTtalk unless it is for a signature image but there are a lot of forums out there that you do have to resize pictures for.

#3 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 10:33 AM

If you don't have office tools image manager or apps like photoshop or gimp it the power toys image resizer is a good utility. Shouldn't have to resize images to post them here on GTtalk unless it is for a signature image but there are a lot of forums out there that you do have to resize pictures for.

The problem I ran into was that my picture size was 1MB or bigger and sites limited the picture upload to something way less. This cut the file size down to a smaller size for upload.

#4 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 06:19 PM

Been using power toys picture resizer for about 6 mos now and really like it, real handy, just right click and there it is.

#5 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 06:23 PM

Been using the power toys image resizer for a long time now.If it wasn't for it I'd not have to many pics posted.Being on dial up it would take forever for me to post pics.Larry
  • dryrun said thank you

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,486 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 07:35 PM

Been using this for a while. Works for all the other forums I belong to. Wasn't sure about size here, until now. I like the big ones, don't need the magnifying glass.

#7 trigger OFFLINE  

trigger

• Member No: 2379
  • 1 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted March 20, 2011 - 05:25 AM

Is it comparable with Windows 7.