Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,795 Thanks
  • 3,250 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 09:52 PM

Block's fee was $155.00. I stopped him and walked out the door. $15.00 Tax act and I owe the same. Saved myself 155 so I feel better. 

• Sawdust said thank you

#17 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8328
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 10:23 PM

Something is messed up and I always have to pay some to the state.  I now have my work hold a extra $10 a week.  That should cover me next year.  I get a decent amount back since im a single parent.  My homestead usually breaks about even.  I've used turbo tax for years and haven't had any problems.  Its broken down and imports my past taxes.  Makes comparison between the year filing and the previous year.  I've had horrible financial problems the last few years but have recently started a new job that allows me to at least pay my current bills.  I'm trying to decide if I am going to pay off a credit card of the snap on guy.

• HANKG and Sawdust have said thanks

#18 Gtractor ONLINE  

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,404 Thanks
  • 3,817 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 10:37 PM

I figured I'd be paying in a bunch this year.  Drew unemployment for 8 months of 2014 [because of the weather - usually only draw for 4 months] and I opted not to have taxes taken out off that.  The other 4 months of the year I worked tons of overtime and made some decent money.  All the overtime really helped and I get just over $200 back on taxes.   Plus since unemployment is figured by how much you make in the highest paid quarter of the previous year, I got a $35/week raise in whatever unemployment I draw for 2015. 

Last job I had I worked 12 months/year and made the same money I now make working [usually] 6 months out of any given year. 

Edited by Gtractor, February 28, 2015 - 10:48 PM.

#19 shorty ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,327 Thanks
  • 3,756 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 10:41 PM

I dread doing taxes. It seems I always have to pay in.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,753 Thanks
  • 2,728 posts

Posted March 01, 2015 - 01:36 AM

Gtractor, that having to pay taxes on unemployment has always been something that pisses me off you are taxed both ways and its your money to begin with, don't they realize when your unemployed you need every penny just to get by. Most people want to work to provide for there families and give them purpose in their lives that is in my opinion ruthless and wrong. Cut back on the money we send to countries that hate us and give the American people a break.
  • Gtractor, dodge trucker and Sawdust have said thanks

• Member No: 10038
  • 4,677 Thanks
  • 4,224 posts

Posted March 01, 2015 - 10:52 AM

My wife gets a military retirement (ex-husband) and we both have extra taken out along the year.

We get just enough money back to pay the annual property taxes, so it is a wash.