#61 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 3,163 Thanks
  • 1,218 posts

Posted April 20, 2015 - 07:58 PM

Then I gave the tractor a grease job, cleaned up the hood a bit, gave it a polish job and snapped a few more pictures - will have to wait for a warmer day to give it a test drive before I mount the mower deck on it - could be waiting a little while as they are talking chance of snow for later on this week. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 1 Front View.jpg
  • 2 Right Rear View.jpg
  • 3 View From Seat.jpg
  • 4 Left Front View.jpg
  • 5 Right Front View.jpg
  • 6 Left Rear View.jpg

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#62 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted April 21, 2015 - 11:38 AM

That shield is crazy! What a nice job you did fabricating that one. That must be a fun tractor to use.

• 29 Chev said thank you

#63 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,163 Thanks
  • 1,218 posts

Posted April 21, 2015 - 07:09 PM

Thanks for the kind words - the shield was a bit of work but will be worth it if I use the tractor in the winter time - if I was only going to drive it in the summer the shield would probably not be required but it should prevent a twig or branch getting jammed in the throttle linkage.  It makes the tractor look a little lob sided if you look directly at it from the front but the shield, like everything else I did, allowed the tractor to remain original yet functional in virtually all weather conditions and can easily be removed.  It is patterned after the shield I made for my other 1050 and I had thought about painting it brown but I think the ivory blends in better with the hood (I have attached a few pictures of the shield on my other 1050). I am looking forward to being able to drive it this summer to cut the grass as well as test drive it if the weather warms up - we got wet snow here today - yuuk!  I did move it a few feet when I first stated it to check the charging system and it felt like it was raring to go or maybe that was just my overenthusiasm from finally getting it running.

Attached Thumbnails

• 7 Shield On.jpg
  • 11 Edge Moulding On Hood.jpg
  • 16 Shield Side View.jpg

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#64 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,163 Thanks
  • 1,218 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 02:04 PM

The snow disappeared again and it warmed up a bit so I got a chance to test drive the tractor today.  First I had to move my other 1050 out of the way so while it was out they both posed for a few pictures and then I put the trailer on it and cleaned up some branches and also drove the tractor a bit to see if I had any transmission noise since I replaced the three gear cluster, axle seals and all the seals in the transmission over the winter before I changed the engine.  Happy to report that I had no signs of leakage and no gear noise.  Took a few pictures of the seat cover I made for it and installed last winter - so far the material and my sewing seem to be standing up.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1 The Twins.jpg
  • 2 The Twins.jpg
  • 3 The Twins.jpg
  • 4 1050 Outside.jpg
  • 5 1050 Outside.jpg
  • 6 Seat Cover After A year Of Use.jpg
  • 7 Seat Cover After A Year Of Use 2.jpg
  • 8 Seat Cover After A Year Of Use 3.jpg
  • 9 Cleaning Up Branches.jpg
  • 10 Cleaning Up Branches.jpg