2 replies to this topic

#1 case442 ONLINE  

case442

• Member No: 2504
  • 662 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 11:28 AM

Hi All,
I'm in the process of picking up this John Deere model 15 cat0 plow. I have never seen another one like it. My friend I'm getting it from was told by a JD dealer that they where not very common items and would bring a considerable amount to someone complimenting an '80 series machine. I guess that they where produced around the time the 400's where produced. I have my Brinly 12" cat0 with bushings for the cat1. I used it on my Legacy and plan to use it on the Legacy XL as well. I may try out the model 15 at our plow day just to see if there is a difference in plowing performance.
Well here's the pics.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• OldBuzzard, Littledeere and farmerall have said thanks

#2 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 12:51 PM

There are a few of these around I believe the 20 is a little harder to find.I can't think of the number but Deere made a 2 bottom cat 1 plow made on the same design .You will need to weight the tractor pretty good for these from what I have seen from mine they pull harder than a Brinly PP1200  

#3 case442 ONLINE  

case442

• Member No: 2504
  • 662 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 01:19 PM

Would a 20 be larger? I believe the 15 is a 12" plow. I have weighted tires, and 115 lbs of weights per side. Are they harder to set up for plowing? What  brand of machine (JD?) are you using. Any pictures of your setup?

Thanks Mike

• mrmd said thank you