• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 MFGray OFFLINE  

MFGray

• Member No: 154
  • 129 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted March 01, 2015 - 01:10 PM

In your pictures, the plate at the top of the throttle shaft is a bit different to the standard LME carb. I don't think any of those holes will work well for you. If you look at MH81's  pics you can see that the linkage from the governor runs through a hole that is about the same distance away from the throttle shaft centre as the stop on the plate and offset by roughly 180 degrees - that gives it the leverage to pull the throttle open. I think your best bet would be to make a small plate to fit on top of the existing one that would extend out over the carb flange, with a hole drilled in it to take the rod from the governor, more or less in line with the centres of the throttle and choke shafts. 

MH81 thinks faster than I do - I apologise for the repetition, didn't see his post!

Edited by MFGray, March 01, 2015 - 01:13 PM.

• MH81 and IamSherwood have said thanks

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted March 01, 2015 - 04:04 PM

In your pictures, the plate at the top of the throttle shaft is a bit different to the standard LME carb. I don't think any of those holes will work well for you. If you look at MH81's  pics you can see that the linkage from the governor runs through a hole that is about the same distance away from the throttle shaft centre as the stop on the plate and offset by roughly 180 degrees - that gives it the leverage to pull the throttle open. I think your best bet would be to make a small plate to fit on top of the existing one that would extend out over the carb flange, with a hole drilled in it to take the rod from the governor, more or less in line with the centres of the throttle and choke shafts. 

MH81 thinks faster than I do - I apologise for the repetition, didn't see his post!

I may have gotten it in faster, but you said it better.
  • MFGray said thank you

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted March 01, 2015 - 04:18 PM

I finally got the camera on the correct setting here is a picture of the hook up.attachicon.gifcarb circled correct.jpg . I believe the rod needs hooked to the hole with the circle for it to work correctly.

Ok, I got a chance to go get those pics.
These are pics of both the MF12 and the MF10 throttle linkage. Showing they are the same and for different views mainly.

First off, the ends are just hooks, no Z bends.
image.jpg
The hole to throttle shaft measurement is 1/2"
image.jpg
The angle of offset is 30 degrees
(I was sight lining this, so if I'm off one or two, I am sorry... Best eyeball measurement)
This pic looks as if I am not over the shaft-hole line. I was from my perspective, had someone over my shoulder, trying to take a pic with the ipad.
image.jpg
image.jpg

And some other pics from both tractors that may be better than the previous ones.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• KennyP said thank you

#19 esbbent OFFLINE  

esbbent

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1183
  • 240 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted March 01, 2015 - 05:07 PM

Ok, I got a chance to go get those pics.
These are pics of both the MF12 and the MF10 throttle linkage. Showing they are the same and for different views mainly.

First off, the ends are just hooks, no Z bends.
attachicon.gifimage.jpg
The hole to throttle shaft measurement is 1/2"
attachicon.gifimage.jpg
The angle of offset is 30 degrees
(I was sight lining this, so if I'm off one or two, I am sorry... Best eyeball measurement)
This pic looks as if I am not over the shaft-hole line. I was from my perspective, had someone over my shoulder, trying to take a pic with the ipad.
attachicon.gifimage.jpg
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And some other pics from both tractors that may be better than the previous ones.

MF Gray and Alan both of you thanks for helping out. I am really :wallbanging: for not taking pictures before taking the carb off. I still have the old carb and need to go thru and see if there is an adapter plate I missed. Here is the org carb which looks different than Alan's. 000_0005.JPG Off to the garage to go thru parts, now I understand why dad always said don't throw anything away until what you are working on is back together and running.

• MFGray and MH81 have said thanks

#20 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted March 01, 2015 - 05:20 PM

Alan, I see the bends better now. The 4th pic makes it look like a zee bend, but it's just the edge of the carb I am seeing out there!

• MH81 said thank you

#21 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted March 01, 2015 - 05:37 PM

MF Gray and Alan both of you thanks for helping out. I am really :wallbanging: for not taking pictures before taking the carb off. I still have the old carb and need to go thru and see if there is an adapter plate I missed. Here is the org carb which looks different than Alan's. attachicon.gif000_0005.JPGOff to the garage to go thru parts, now I understand why dad always said don't throw anything away until what you are working on is back together and running.

I doubt there will be a plate, it doesn't look like there was one there at least.
I'm not sure how that carb would've worked well... The pull would be on the wrong side of the pivot at first.

#22 esbbent OFFLINE  

esbbent

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1183
  • 240 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted March 16, 2015 - 09:38 PM

Just to provide an update, I decided trying to rework the carb I had just purchased was going to more trouble than what I wanted to deal with I did find a good used LME carb on Ebay that was pulled off of a MF12. Here is  picture with the throttle linkage hooked up. IMAG00010.jpg

• limebuzz, IamSherwood and MFDAC have said thanks