#1 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted February 27, 2015 - 06:48 PM

Any one on here Vape?I started 4 years ago on my Drs advice to quit smoking and it worked..its more a hobbie now.

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted February 27, 2015 - 07:07 PM

I gave it a whirl for a couple of months, not a big fan of it. Never found one I liked.

• Auburn David said thank you

#3 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,415 Thanks
  • 2,118 posts

Posted February 27, 2015 - 08:03 PM

Been doing it since last July and not a cig since. Now come summer I may quit it. Wife did if for about a year and is smoke free now and no Vape in awhile

Edited by bhts, February 27, 2015 - 08:04 PM.

• MH81, tractorgarden and Auburn David have said thanks

#4 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • Member No: 62275
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted February 27, 2015 - 08:51 PM

Been vaping for 5 years this May. Tried a cigarette couple years ago and liked to choked to death.

#5 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 10:44 AM

I just got the new Eleaf Istick and a Lemo Drop tank...I love them..best setup I ever had (and I have had many over the years)

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 11:03 AM

Back when I quit smoking, it was about week three when I had "one of those days" and decided to try the eCig. The only one they had one that didnt have nicotine in it. The pipe tobacco flavored.
It was OK, but when my eCig came up missing (it's in the garage... Somewhere) I realized it was only perpetuating my "habit"

While it wasn't a part of my stop smoking situation, I can see where it could be.
I just kept wondering what witches brew chemical mess was in the fluid. They say they are safer than smokes, so that is a definite step in the right direction.

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 11:05 AM

Been doing it since last July and not a cig since. Now come summer I may quit it. Wife did if for about a year and is smoke free now and no Vape in awhile

All right Bob! Congrats, I know you were hoping to quit again. :thumbs:

#8 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 09:24 PM

I had one I used when I smoked. Bought it on a whim. I liked it I had the mental flavored ones. I liked it but I don't smoke anymore and don't plan on doing again(ecig or real)
  • MH81 said thank you

#9 rust addict OFFLINE  

rust addict
  • Member No: 51434
  • 242 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 12:34 PM

Propylene glycol, on the other hand, is considerably less toxic than ethylene glycol and may be labeled as "non-toxic antifreeze".

Propylene glycol is used as an humectant (E1520), solvent, and preservative in food and for tobacco products, as well as being one of the major ingredients of the "e-liquid" used inelectronic cigarettes along with vegetable glycerin.

Just for reference, look it up. Guess you could buy e-cigarette fume by the gallon at the auto supply.

#10 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 12:50 PM

I smoked for 15 years, not to jump a thread, but I went to see a friend of mine with lung cancer Thursday. He had quit about 6 years ago, but had smoked probably 35 years. I got a call last night at around 10pm that he had passed away that evening. Truly a bummer since he was only 60 years old. I hope this vape thing is a way out for those that want to quit. I noticed vape stores in almost every town I went through on my drive yesterday. Interested in learning more since it is obviously becoming a big deal.
  • olcowhand and MH81 have said thanks

#11 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 06:00 PM

I have smoked for 20 years and the last cig I smoked was on monday the 9 I got sick ended up at the hospital with a upper respiratory infection and they found a spot on my right lung now I have to wait 3 months to get another xray to see if the spot is still there or is gone . Now I hope it's gone in 3 months because this last week has sucked I have been drained by being sick .Im not here to preach to anyone but I just hope these help you find a way to stop
  • sacsr, oldedeeres and Auburn David have said thanks

#12 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 07:47 PM

I smoked for 15 years, not to jump a thread, but I went to see a friend of mine with lung cancer Thursday. He had quit about 6 years ago, but had smoked probably 35 years. I got a call last night at around 10pm that he had passed away that evening. Truly a bummer since he was only 60 years old. I hope this vape thing is a way out for those that want to quit. I noticed vape stores in almost every town I went through on my drive yesterday. Interested in learning more since it is obviously becoming a big deal.

I am very sorry for your loss.

I am not hear to bash vapping but vapping is still smoking. You are still taking a substance that isn't supposed to be in your lungs into them. There are still chemicals and things in them prpbably are just as dangerous as smoking. I wouldn't be surprised if 10 years down the road we find vapping to be just as bad for you.

not sure if you are still smoking but to those that want to quit.

If you have the drive and the desire to quit then crumple up that pack and walk away from them. If you want it you can accomplish anything.

I did it. I smoked my last one crumpled up the pack and haven't touched one in almost a year. The cravings are gone the desire is gone and honestly the thought of smoking one makes me sick to my stomach.

Edited by toomanytoys84, March 14, 2015 - 07:48 PM.

• oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks

#13 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 08:33 PM

I quit 22 years ago. One the hardest things I have ever had to do.
  • oldedeeres and Auburn David have said thanks

#14 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 08:34 PM

I have smoked for 20 years and the last cig I smoked was on monday the 9 I got sick ended up at the hospital with a upper respiratory infection and they found a spot on my right lung now I have to wait 3 months to get another xray to see if the spot is still there or is gone . Now I hope it's gone in 3 months because this last week has sucked I have been drained by being sick .Im not here to preach to anyone but I just hope these help you find a way to stop

Hope you get good news. You are in my prayers.
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#15 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 08:46 PM

Thank you very much sacsr for the prayers June will be rough this year have X-rays to get and I'm praying for the best out come possible on those and turning 40
  • MH81 and oldedeeres have said thanks