If you have one of these tractors then you know how rare the TB's are. I have only seen two & they were on the JC Penny badge. Although most all of the tractors are pre drilled for the TB it more than likely never had one.
I started out using an old fluorescent light fixture box. I marked on the back the pattern I needed & cut with a right angle grinder with a metal cutting disc. I then used some scrap aluminum flat stock that I cut the inside width of the box so when it is folded it will pass through the sides for a complete 90 degree bend.
I also made use of the fixtures lid for the removal lid of the TB for wiring or trouble shooting inside. The box ended up around 2" thick too thick for me so I cut the perimeter to give me a nice thinner looking TB of 1 1/4".
I ground off the paint using a flapper wheel & drilled some holes for sheet metal screws to attach the lid when completed. I also put JB weld in the corners & forced to ooze out so I could round off the corners.
I drilled out some holes to install the lights. These lights have both running & brake lights. They also have 12 leds in each. I had planned on just using the taillights but I thought about chasing an extra wire for the brake so if I ever decide to install blinkers for snow removal this might be nice to have. My finish paint color is Charcoal Gray Metallic. In the pic it looks like a simple gray but it does bark with the contrasting black on the tractor.
Hope you enjoyed this project & if you have any comments or questions please ask. Thanks for looking!