Can anyone tell me how to get rid of green water without killing snails?
Do you have a lot of algae growth on glass?
Are your lights on a long time,
Close to a window?
Lots of fish?
Green water is caused by a few factors,
2. too much light, either natural or from aquarium lighting
3. too many fish causing wastes for algae
4. inadequate filtration
What I would do....
1. do a 30-40% water change
2. reduce lighting, leave lights off or if it's in a sunlight area, put towel over tank for 3-5 days
3. Reduce feeding to every 2 days and limit amount.
4. bump up filtration, bacterial if possible to eat up excess nutrients.
My angels have laid now 3 times, the last two times they got fertilized, but hey are eating them by morning. I may add a flat plate I can remove them use a small tank as a bubbler nursery and try to get some fry to hatch.