Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone have a trip dozer blade for the old Chiefs?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 VintageIronCollector ONLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 06:17 PM

I'd like to get one for a 68 1000 and was wondering how you guys like them as well as if you know where one would be for sale/trade at or if anyone has one for sale. Thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 06:21 PM

Good luck finding one of those! Are you looking for the 59725 or the 59508 blade?

#3 VintageIronCollector ONLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 06:28 PM

Good luck finding one of those! Are you looking for the 59725 or the 59508 blade?

I don't know. I want the one where there is a lever on the left to angle the blade without getting up from the seat.

I got this one. It's the other style I want.

IMG_3860.JPG

IMG_3861.JPG

• KennyP said thank you

#4 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 06:31 PM

One came with my Ford 100 but I don't remember much about it.Tractorgarden's kid ended up with it so you might ask him about it.

• VintageIronCollector said thank you

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 06:51 PM

That is probably the 59508. The other one (59725) is with trip springs. I got that from the brochure you uploaded.

#6 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted February 25, 2015 - 12:58 PM

I have one that came with my Chief, but haven't done anything with it yet since the transaxle is out being fixed.....

Mine is different from the one pictured above though. It mounts like the ford LGT trip dozer blade model - there is a long strut that runs under the tractor to back by the rear axle.  It changes angle via a handle on the side (similar concept to the ford model but different implementation). It has trip springs as well. I think it is lifted by the mower carriage (like the LGT design) - my Chief doesn't have a mower carriage so the PO had used a chain to make a cradle under the arm and set the blade height - it wouldn't raise or lower..... And the blade frame floats up and down between two upright braces mounted on the front of the tractor to brace the strut.

Blade is in storage where I cant get to it easily, or I would include some pictures.... It says "Jacobsen" on it, and matches the tractor paint but not sure if it was made for the Chief or was for something else and repurposed....

I went in the manuals section and found the Chief attachment brochure (thanks!!!). Mine looks to be the 59725 model by what I can see....

Edited by Tennblue59, February 25, 2015 - 01:05 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#7 VintageIronCollector ONLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted February 25, 2015 - 05:36 PM

I have one that came with my Chief, but haven't done anything with it yet since the transaxle is out being fixed.....

Mine is different from the one pictured above though. It mounts like the ford LGT trip dozer blade model - there is a long strut that runs under the tractor to back by the rear axle.  It changes angle via a handle on the side (similar concept to the ford model but different implementation). It has trip springs as well. I think it is lifted by the mower carriage (like the LGT design) - my Chief doesn't have a mower carriage so the PO had used a chain to make a cradle under the arm and set the blade height - it wouldn't raise or lower..... And the blade frame floats up and down between two upright braces mounted on the front of the tractor to brace the strut.

Blade is in storage where I cant get to it easily, or I would include some pictures.... It says "Jacobsen" on it, and matches the tractor paint but not sure if it was made for the Chief or was for something else and repurposed....

I went in the manuals section and found the Chief attachment brochure (thanks!!!). Mine looks to be the 59725 model by what I can see....

Yea the blade that you have is what I'm looking buy.