• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 10:44 AM

Right up front ...I`m a Ford homer....cars trucks and now tractors/garden tractor/mowers. I got into the Tractor business about a year ago with a 1500 from a local county auction. Had bought a Shibaura 14 a few weeks before.

After looking here and other forums I am amazed at the number of different models Ford GT/Lawnmowers and how some have had stuff added to what appeared to be just lawnmowers. I`m seeing 100`s with what appears to be gear drive PTO`s on the back with tillers etc.

I decided early on I wanted a 14D or 16D but after much looking ain`t finding much ..at least for sale. I really like the diesel models and prefer those but am seeing a lot of gas models with the accessories.

Were the add ons available when the seemingly lawnmowers only were sold or are they like aftermarket stuff. The tractor data is about the best I`ve found for the different models but no info on add-ons . I`ve got an opportunity for a GT-85 but the 75 and 65 were diesel....are add-on available for those. The 85 looks to be just set up for lawn mowing but would be interested if add-on for PTO and or 3 pt hitch were available

Where would be the best place to get the info for add-ons for the different models? Manuals don`t seem to have all the info I might be wanting. I know the forums are a wealth of info but picking thru it can be time`consuming and the OPs may not be available for timely replies !

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 10:57 AM

The tractor has a 18HP Kohler twin for an enigine and has hi lo range hydrostatic, foot control forward and reverse hydrostat, power steering, front, mid, and rear PTO and will take an optional three point hitch. Attachments include a 40 inch tiller, and a 48 inch front blade for Snow/Dirt work and snow blower. Sounds like a great tractor to me, but I'm with you on wishing it was a Diesel.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,513 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 11:19 AM

I just looked that up at New Holland. Made from '92-'96. Sounds like a capable machine. Belt driven hydro. Power steering. 2000 RPM rear PTO was available for these. Just not a lot of info has been collected on these.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,544 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 04:38 PM

Try this one from the manuals section  http://gardentractor...or-attachments/         it will give you the idea of what they had for attachments. Good Luck, Rick

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,513 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 04:46 PM

Try this one from the manuals section  http://gardentractor...or-attachments/         it will give you the idea of what they had for attachments. Good Luck, Rick

That's for the '72-83 years. His is '92 or newer.

• Texas Deere and Horse and boyscout862 have said thanks

#6 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,544 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 04:56 PM

I just figured that it would give an idea of the attachments that are possible. When I'm learning something new, I cast a wide net for info. Good Luck, Rick

• KennyP said thank you

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,513 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 06:03 PM

I just figured that it would give an idea of the attachments that are possible. When I'm learning something new, I cast a wide net for info. Good Luck, Rick

I just wanted him to know that these attachments will not fit his tractor. Hate to see someone waste time & money for something that won't fit!

#8 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted February 27, 2015 - 06:41 PM

Thanks guys. Being a former BoySprout I too like to cast a wide net. I`m not tied into the GT-85... just talking trade for Case 446 I have. I`m really more interested in the older and anything diesel Fords. I just didn`t realize that options for the later seemingly lawnmower only tractors were available. The GT-75 and 65 were diesels....wonder if any manuals for options there ?

• KennyP said thank you

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,513 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted February 27, 2015 - 06:56 PM

Thanks guys. Being a former BoySprout I too like to cast a wide net. I`m not tied into the GT-85... just talking trade for Case 446 I have. I`m really more interested in the older and anything diesel Fords. I just didn`t realize that options for the later seemingly lawnmower only tractors were available. The GT-75 and 65 were diesels....wonder if any manuals for options there ?

I found this at Tractor Blue Book.

Screen Shot 02-27-15 at 05.53 PM.JPG

#10 Abomination OFFLINE  

Abomination
  • Member No: 74550
  • 24 Thanks
  • 28 posts

Posted August 27, 2015 - 04:45 PM

Are the LGT accessories hard to find or something? I don't see many out there...