LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,643 Thanks
  • 7,673 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 04:38 PM

I raised NZ rabbits when I was a kid. The worst thing is if the mother got upset and ate the young! Some years ago, I tried raising Angoras. They were just a PITA! Intolerant of heat, special diet.

#17 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,865 Thanks
  • 3,196 posts

Posted February 25, 2015 - 12:33 AM

Raising goats? If a fence can hold water it will hold goats, lol. Nice bunnies, I hope they work well for the 4H project.
  • KennyP and TAHOE have said thanks

#18 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,945 posts

Posted February 25, 2015 - 09:20 AM

I've actually got the goats fairly contained now. If they get out of hand, the electric box get's plugged in  MUWHAHAHAHA

LD- Angoras?  man, you must've had a breif period of insanity. I saw some lady at a show once, brushed those things for hours before the show. Then one of her kids put them down in a tub full of shavings. I thought she would lose her mind, out came the brush again.

We had one holland that ate her young, ended up saving 1 baby and surrogated it with another doe, She got busted later on. I have 1 NZ doe right now, she is a she-devil. About ready to make hasenpfeffer out of her, won't tolerate that stuff. She attacks us as soon as cage opens.

My son likes big rabbits, Flemish NZ, had a short stint with Checkered's.  Daughter has Netherlands and holland's

• oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks