LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,629 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 08:31 AM

You could provide them a tractor of they're own.

• BTS said thank you

#17 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,734 Thanks
  • 1,728 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 08:31 AM

They didn't seem to eat anything, I didn't even find evidence of rats/nice living in there (besides the nest) lol. I'm hoping to get it pulled out today, but who ever the idiot was that drove it last (may of be me :D ) left the back wheels straight sideways and they can't be turned back because it's hydraulic steering :wallbanging: .

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 09:01 AM

Can you crank the starter a little at a time and get them straight?
  • BTS said thank you

#19 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,734 Thanks
  • 1,728 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 10:15 AM

The homemade one has the loader arms on Backwards?? looks like. Won't that be weak where they pivot?

That's the older farm loader style, I had a Farmhand F-11 loader on a reversed Allis Chalmers WD, the old thing would pickup at least 2500lbs. I ran that tractor for over 3 years and the rear (or now front) axle house cracked. The old thing was a great machine and I still wish I had it now.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture 3.PNG
  • Capture 4.PNG

#20 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,734 Thanks
  • 1,728 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 10:16 AM

Can you crank the starter a little at a time and get them straight?

That's not a bad idea, I'll give it a try

Thanks

#21 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,734 Thanks
  • 1,728 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 06:54 PM

Well, I need to name this old Mobility "Old Faithful" I dumped some gas in it and stuck in a good battery. The old thing fired right up like was running yesterday!, I was able to drive it out of it's holes that it was sitting in and then I turned it off because it was already over heating. I then removed the grill guard and grill. Then I pulled off the radiator hoses, I was figuring the radiator was plugged so I got a gallon jug of water and ran though it. The water ran through without a problem so then I thought thermostat. Although I already replaced the thermostat last year and it didn't help any. I thought I'd pull the thermostat out and leave it out. So I got it put back together enough for a test drive and sure enough it over heated again :wallbanging:. So then I got to thinking, when the temp gauge was showing in the red, I was able to remove the radiator cap and stick my finger in the water and it was nice and warm. I then pulled the temp gauge and the water that ran out of the head was warm but yet cool enough to stick my finger in it. I hauled the temp gauge into the house and microwaved a cup of water. Then I stuck in the temp gauge along with a thermometer and the temp gauge was in the red and the thermometer said 180 degrees.  :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:  :mad2:  :mad2:  :mad2:

SO this loader has been parked for over a year because the temp gauge quit! :mad2:

I'm going to pick up a new one and see what happens, at least it's a easy fix I guess.

Edited by BTS, February 24, 2015 - 06:54 PM.

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster and KennyP have said thanks

#22 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,439 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 06:56 PM

Be sure to get some antifreeze in there!

• BTS said thank you

#23 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,734 Thanks
  • 1,728 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 10:19 PM

I dumped some antifreeze back into it, but we are also only getting down to 24 so it shouldn't freeze to hard anyway.

• KennyP said thank you

#24 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted February 25, 2015 - 07:23 AM

Isn't that the way?
I thought you were going to say you had a bubble in the block. I had a car that did that once. 1975 Dodge Coronet. Holy Mother, was that a B to get purged. I ended up jacking the front of the car up to what I would call an unsafe height and then I finally burped. My next set was to take the test at back out and fill it that way.

I came in at one point to ask Dads assistance and Mom suggested drenching it LOL
  • BTS said thank you