• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sarge21 OFFLINE  

Sarge21
  • Member No: 67827
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted February 23, 2015 - 10:01 AM

I recently purchased what I believe to be a late 1980's Ariens GT-20.  I have very limited knowledge of these tractors but it appears to be an absolute beast.  The Tractor came with a 48" Snow Blower, 60" mowing deck.  I have seen these tractors with various attachments and am in search of a tiller.  Does anyone know if it has to be an Ariens tiller or will another brand work?  I really would like to keep it all Ariens but parts seem to be very difficult to find.  Also the previous owner wasn't sure if the rear PTO works is there a fail safe wait to check this? I would like to make sure it does before invest in a tiller.  Any help or direction is greatly appreciated. 

#2 Natureboy OFFLINE  

Natureboy
  • Member No: 49649
  • 73 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted February 23, 2015 - 01:08 PM

I don't know if they are the same as on my S16H, but my rear PTO runs continuously if the tractor is running. If they changed it to an electric one in later years, I would think that pulling on the implement power switch would start it moving.
I had a 36" tiller that came with mine, but sold it as I have no use for it. Should you find one, make sure the pulley that goes on the rear PTO to drive the tiller belts is included. They are rather hard to locate.

#3 artbuc OFFLINE  

artbuc

• Member No: 1059
  • 70 Thanks
  • 152 posts

Posted February 23, 2015 - 03:06 PM

I don't know if they are the same as on my S16H, but my rear PTO runs continuously if the tractor is running. If they changed it to an electric one in later years, I would think that pulling on the implement power switch would start it moving.I had a 36" tiller that came with mine, but sold it as I have no use for it. Should you find one, make sure the pulley that goes on the rear PTO to drive the tiller belts is included. They are rather hard to locate.

It would have two PTO switches. You can see them in the wiring schematic. I thought electric PTO clutches were standard on the 20 hp models. The Time Delay Module can be problematic. There is a thread here explaining how to build your own, thanks to Wm McNett.

Edited by artbuc, February 23, 2015 - 03:12 PM.