Garden Tractor Forums banner

I hate vehicle shopping

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Cat385B 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Went to look at a truck yesterday. Suppose to be a nice truck. Nice rust free, runs great. Went to go take a look at it. The body was beat to crap, didn't start worth a crap and had a pretty bad knock. So passed on that one. Went to look at this truck today. Its got higher miles but im not to worried about that. (mostly highway miles) Got the 6.0 gas engine. 3/4 ton. Gona be a nice truck to pull my trailer. Gona bring it home tomorrow. (didn't think about the bank being closed today) Duh!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I have a 05 Chevy 1/2 ton short wheel base with the towing package. Excellent truck, carries a lot of weight with the towing package, good power and fuel mileage BUT it is the roughest riding truck. I have a 05 GMC 4 wheel drive with the same equipment but is a 4 door long wheel base and rides like a dream. Only thing I can figure is the short wheel base vs. the long wheel base.

#15 ·
I don't remember how to shop for a vehicle! Last truck I bought from a dealer was 7 years old at the time in 1979, and well, I'm still driving it! I've got another that found me like Patrick said that shares the driving chores some but it is 60 years old!

DAC

Reactions: Little Irish Men
#16 ·
Shame you fell for a Chevy, but I guess the moderators can't discipline everyone for that.

Looks like a nice truck, though! :smilewink:

Ben W.

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Shame you fell for a Chevy....
:wtf: :say_what:

It's the only reason I left the thread up! The only reason a person would read a thread about a Ford truck purchase would be the 'thrill' factor. Everyone tunes in expecting to see a 'crash and burn', and applauds when it actually goes right and gets the person to work and back without a hitch. Kinda like watching an Evil Kneivel stunt, same concept.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.