• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 02:31 PM

I'd say most everyone is either having family time, or doing battle with Mother Nature like I have been.  Lots of members online, but not much posting.  I look forward to warm weather when we all start getting excited about using our GT's.  I've had zero time to do anything at all as far as tinkering on mine, and little time using any.  I need to get my tiller into the calf pens, but dealing with the snow and all the busted water pipes from the cold, there's been no time to do it.  And to tell the truth, with all the stuff I've been dealing with, I really don't have anything left in me to want to.....yet.  I will though one of these days.  

• rustyoldjunk, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 5 others have said thanks

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,740 Thanks
  • 8,913 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 02:37 PM

Basement finishing, staining and varnishing. Put on a coat, read a bit, back to the woodwork. I have been perusing CL a bit lately. I think we have about 10 different 'I'll pick up your unwanted GT for free' ads running on the Minneapolis CL right now. Prices are out of control locally. If I needed a GT, I'd be better off buying a new Simplicity or JD than spending $3,000-$6,000 for a well used one.

And it is below 0° here. Brian may have tipped the depression scale with his lawn mowing pics. Yep, that's it; I'm blaming Brian.   :thumbs:

• olcowhand, rustyoldjunk, Texas Deere and Horse and 4 others have said thanks

#3 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 02:42 PM

I missed the mowing pics....gone to find them!

#4 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 02:43 PM

Yes, Daniel, I was outside widening the town streets and intersections and my neighborhood's driveways.

I did make $10 thought....I fellow down the block wanted the 2' high snow pile along the street moved so his wife didn't tear up the little car tomorrow morning!

• olcowhand said thank you

#5 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 02:50 PM

Yes, Daniel, I was outside widening the town streets and intersections and my neighborhood's driveways.

I did make $10 thought....I fellow down the block wanted the 2' high snow pile along the street moved so his wife didn't tear up the little car tomorrow morning!

Gas money!   I've spent hours in my loader & not one person offered me a dime.  And I got 3 out of ditches, and cleared the way for countless.  While I wasn't out there for money, it would have been nice to simply hear offers.  Words of appreciation were nice though.

• daytime dave, Texas Deere and Horse, IamSherwood and 5 others have said thanks

#6 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 02:52 PM

Not much happening here! Daytona is on, so watching that. Got a dusting of snow and temps dropped, 26° right now on the porch. I worked on the Scoop Tote drawing some this morning, posted pics there. Washed the dishes too! Thinking about supper right now!

• MFDAC said thank you

#7 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 02:55 PM

I'm here watching the Dayton 500, hitting the "view new content" button every 5-10 minutes looking for stuff to post on. Other than that nothing happening today.
  • MFDAC said thank you

#8 shorty OFFLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,564 Thanks
  • 3,942 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 02:59 PM

Just trying to wait out winter. I am getting tired of snow and the cold. Seeing other guys posting pics of mowing is almost torture.

• Delmar said thank you

#9 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 03:04 PM

I went out and bought a old 70 series 4 row A C planter Friday so I can make my own single-row planter for the garden tractor.  Temps. were in the fifties yesterday, so I took it all apart.  I listed single planter units on c.l. this morning, and should be able to sell the 3 units I don't want pretty easily.  Now all I have to do is find a owners manual for 70 series A. C. planters so I can use it.

#10 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 03:10 PM

Daytona is on?That aint racin..this was racin
  • olcowhand, ducky, Texas Deere and Horse and 4 others have said thanks

#11 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 03:10 PM

cant post a youtube..gerrr!

#12 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 950 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 03:14 PM

I am dealing with a RAT.  Second time in 20 years a rat has taken to the crawl space where my furnace is...So I got a rat trap set, put out Ratak, just got back from store now to lay down some sticky traps... The rat gets most active about 3am,,,sounds like he's renovating my duct work. Last rat we had took a week for him to take the bait. My podenco had him and dropped him but she's still on the hunt. She's a live game hunter so should be interesting if she catches the rat and brings it to the wife live LOL Hopefully rat takes to the sticky pad.  He took a dog biscuit at some time and has been eating it under the stove....thats where i put the sticky traps.

Both of my dogs are live game hunters.. the smaller dog is a Portuguese Podenco....the larger is Jazz, my Ibizan hound

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1108.JPG
  • IMG_1442.JPG

Edited by Jazz, February 22, 2015 - 03:27 PM.

#13 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 03:17 PM

Daytona 500!

• MFDAC said thank you

#14 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 03:17 PM

I've been on here all week-end offering my "Knowledge" ha!  Looking at Swisher bucket info now. I can't seem to find the real home-page for them, just some other junk pages with places to go see and all are the same places I HAVE looked, none are from company!

#15 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 03:27 PM

well since I now know of a tractor with a lower serial number than mine, I been going though the old research on the David Bradley Suburbans to refresh myself and make sure I haven't over loked anything.

• superaben said thank you