• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 631 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 06:58 AM

I have 2 Kohler K series gas tanks that have some pinholes on the bottom that I am going to try and repair over the next couple of days....Guy at the the machine shop at work recommended this interior sealer. Its called Barbee Tank-coat.....it cost about $40 for the quart....better work...lol

I have one of the tank soaking in a Muractic Acid/water mix since last night to get rid of the scale and rust inside......Will rinse it out and dry it today. Instructions say it has to absolutely dry to stick. Going to put it under a heat lamp to completely dry it today and will put the coating in tomorrow.....Will update when I get further alone.

Anyone ever tried this stuff?.....

I would have tried to find a plastic tank to use, but getting one the right shape and size for my LGT Fords is near impossible.

#2 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:03 AM

Not heard of that particular brand, but have had good luck with the liquid tank sealers. I've used POR-15's gas tank sealer on many small engine tanks with excellent results. Other folks have had good luck with a product called Kream[sp?] Follow directions carefully and I think you will be fine.
P.

Edited by powerking56, March 10, 2011 - 07:04 AM.
spelling...