332 service manual and engine/fuel leak questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 new332buyer OFFLINE  

• Member No: 60932
  • 3 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted February 21, 2015 - 06:41 PM

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for an aftermarket source for a JD 332 repair manual, or if anyone has one they no longer need.  The factory manuals are just too expensive.

My 332 has a moderate oil leak coming from unknown area around the starter, and is also leaking oil out of the rubber plug that goes on the left side of the flywheel housing.  I'm not sure there should be any oil in this area and suspect the leak is actually coming from the crankshaft seals.  Does anyone know if changing the crankshaft seals is something better left to the pros? 

The tractor also has a fuel leak that looks like it's coming from the 3 lines on top of the fuel injector pump, maybe from the nozzles.  Any ideas, recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks for any info.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#2 brownboystoys OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6127
  • 107 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted February 21, 2015 - 08:24 PM

The crankshaft seals are no big thing. need to remove engine to do a good job. The oil leak by the starter may be the oil pressure switch. Know the injection pump leak is sometimes best left to the pros. Most likely it is the sealing rings under fittings where fuel lines comes out. One way to check is to unloosen lines at the fittings and then chek  to see if fittings are tight. just be careful not to go to tight. 

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,461 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 21, 2015 - 10:57 PM

PM sent.

#4 new332buyer OFFLINE  

• Member No: 60932
  • 3 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted February 22, 2015 - 11:28 AM

Thank you for your responses.  I'm going to have the folks at R&R Tractor in Boerne do the oil/fuel leak, and radiator flush services.  Their parts department has been very helpful in getting the things I need.  Hope the service department does a good job too. 

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you